Pro Se

I sit on the side of my bed, thinking about what I would do now, that my only remaining friend was dead. All of my friends... They've either.. left, or disappeared. I take a deep breath, and stare at my floor for what seemed like hours. I finally mustered the motivation to get up and do something productive. I make my bed, and brush my teeth, all of that stuff, yeah.

I put some decent clothes on, and walk to the nearest store with $20 in hand. I quickly walk through the isles, trying to avoid being seen. I grab a few necessary items, and pay. I prepare to head out of the store, when I hear a familiar voice behind me. F - "Kris?" K- "Yea?" I turn around to face Flip. F - "I heard about Ave's death, and I just wanted to say I'm really sorry..." K - "It's fine.. don't apologize to me, he was your friend as well..." F - "Yeah, I know.. but you two were best friends.. it's gotta be hard to lose someone you're that close with." I look at the floor for a minute, seeming to think about something. I speak again. K - " Yeah, it is." After I say this, I turn to walk back out of the store. As I walk through the parking lot, I hear someone running behind me. I run, fast. Then the person yells, and I realise it was just Flip. F - "KRIS!! Kris, wait!"

I look back at Flip in confusion. K - "Huh?" Flip catches its breath and speaks again. F - "Well... I was wondering, you know.. since your house is kinda shit... I've got a big house, because I'm VERY rich, and you can stay with me if you want. I have a big plan to discuss with you." Me, being tired as hell of mustard and air sandwiches, gratefully accepts Flip's offer. K - "Sure, thanks Flip Flop." F - "Ok Krissy boy, follow me." Flip starts walking towards an expensive looking vehicle, and opens the door, and gets in. I get in behind it, and look at Flip tentatively. K - "So, uh... Where are we going?"