[1] "His way..."

title: All Good Things Must Come to an End

———

History... Do not dare repeat. No clutches you hold on him shall stay intact...

A sorrowful boy, Lloyd was, because of the chaos Harumi caused.

It hadn't been long since the incident and his father's resurrection. Lloyd was different now than he was then:
He speaks less, looks people in the eyes less, gives glares to all who try and get close to him...

Fortunately for the team, Lloyd was a bit warmer when he was with them but he still stuck to his behaviour nonetheless as he himself thought that he would never get out of this phase of distrust and constant overthinking.

One day as he was walking around Ninjago, he noticed suspicious behaviour all around, constant whispers, or people whose head hung towards the ground.

The whole city looked, depressed and anxious, just like then, the incident... But why? All was well just yesterday, right? What could have possibly changed? It couldn't be that bad, right, crime had spiked down significantly since then, right? Oh, how he was wrong... And it all went down in the blink of an eye as his whole world fell apart when he found out who was behind it all.

He was full of resentment, anger, sorrow, grief, guilt...! He couldn't bear it and he broke the chains, he broke the chains and released the power he never thought he had. He snapped.

He unleashed a side of him that he tried to push down into the depths of his mind; that evil he tried to keep down like a balloon underwater but sooner or later it popped, and the air, full of that anguish, started to rise to the surface eagerly.

He was taunted by the one he hated but loved so recklessly, but that didn't change his outlook on things and he didn't care how he acted, he didn't care how he looked like his father, he didn't care that he felt the little venom of the Great Devourer he had in his veins, return...

All he wanted and all he felt the need to do, to want, to feel, to pay attention to, was revenge.
And revenge he got when he got Harumi to beg on her knees to live... It gave him satisfaction.

His powers were slowly trying to consume him, he knew that, and he didn't let them because he knew better than to grant control to something he let dormant for so long.

He let his negativity fade, as his eyes went from violet to red, slightly, upon the unconscious comrades of Harumi's and her slightly bruised and disheveled figure, from running around and fighting with him.

She looked at him with confusion as he stopped his impulsive rage. Why would he let such a chance slip away so easily? Why didn't he take the chance to give her what she deserved?

He chuckled with closed eyes in amusement to her contorted face, as Harumi looked at him with disbelief yet again...

He stared at her, now glaring down at her with authoritative eyes, his oni side shining through them.

He looked so powerful with his stern red eyes...

She had him wrapped around her finger just a year, two, ago...

Now... She was wrapped around his...

"Say, Harumi... Why don't we make a deal?", the Crystal King's right hand was now standing confidently in front of him with a neutral face as she replied, "And what would that be...? I doubt you have anything we would be interested in."

"There is no 'we' in 'us'... A simple exchange, so to speak. An eye for an eye...", he said as he tilted his head, before waiting for her answer.

Harumi thought in silence, what more could Lloyd want... He got his revenge, just like he said, didn't he?

He approached her, as he stood just inches from her frame.

"I want you... To help me find my father...", he spoke as he caressed her cheek down to her chin to gently grab it and lift it so she could look him in the eyes. He looked at her lips the entire time, though he slowly switched to her eyes when he lifted her chin.

His cold but desireful gaze glowed in her eyes.

He wanted to mess around with her to see how she would react... He didn't believe her when she said her feelings were all but a simple act.

He wanted her to slip up and expose her lies as he could hear her heartbeat and sense every ounce of fear she had. His oni side was certainly very prominent this very moment as he could also hear her ragged breaths and silent screams of embarrassment.

Lloyd had gotten nasty over the little time he spent away from her. She was toxic but now so was he, as her poison made its way into his mind and his heart.

Lloyd was cold, manipulative, taunting, yes... But it was all because of her, he didn't really show the most drastic reformations in his personality to anyone but himself and now her, Harumi.

He only looked to be a sad, weak, traumatized boy, hurt from heartbreak, acting like this because of betrayal and the withdrawal of the warm feeling his first crush gave him but that was far from the truth...

He didn't show mercy to the others, even the lowest of criminals he faced, these two sickening years, were put in hospitals, he only spared, her, the life threatening injuries, while her allies were barely alive.

He knew why he did it. He knew...

Lloyd wanted Harumi all to himself and he knew exactly how to do that; he needed to go through his father first.

And he was going to make things go his way...

———