[5] "He was even crazier now..."

title: Too Close

———

Their plan was an utter failure as expected.

They infiltrated the base, the other Ninja were forced to stay outside and guard from some of the enemies and it wasn't looking good for them so they left the island to help long distance.

Lloyd was the only one left inside.

Pixal's shield didn't hold on to his communications and he wondered how long it would last on his other devices.

How ironic.

The one that didn't really fight for the Ninja's cause was the only one left unscathed (barely).

"I'll give you a choice, Green Ninja: either join me or perish pitifully."

"I choose... Neither... Adiós!", he said with a salute as he took Harumi by her hand, hastily, and jumped off the floating island as he hugged her.

"Are you crazy?!", Harumi asked a (rhetorical) question, over the deafening wind, gazing towards his eyes with a ballistic look.

"Of course I am. You should've known that by now.", Lloyd said by her ear, quietly but loud enough for her to hear, as if it were the most obvious and most discussed thing in the world, while Harumi brought him closer to her, while holding onto his clothes for dear life.

She brought him closer and put her head on his shoulder.

"Now what?", Harumi mumbled into his neck, losing hope.

"I came prepared, Ru. I'm not as dumb as you think I am.", Lloyd said with a smile, raised brow and a sassy tone as he pressed a button that immediately brought them a glider that caught them in the last second.

He was thankful his device worked (he took the biggest risk ever and he would've had to have taken a bigger one if it didn't work. Don't ask.)

So convenient really. It reminded him of his grand escape, using her own words against her, when Harumi had her monologue on that bullet train.

He was crazy then but he was even crazier now.

Ah, the memories... So warm and fuzzy...

Osmanthus wine

Oops. Shit. Wrong fandom.

———