[2] "Interesting..."

title: The Alliance

---

Harumi had accepted his deal, along with a couple conditions and they immediately found clues to his whereabouts: newspaper clippings and numbers Wu had in his mail drawer.

Lloyd knew to check every corner of the monastery and Bounty, carefully, to get all that they needed.

He also knew to ask the paper boys about it and he did.

He met with Harumi and they went straight to Vinny Folson's apartment where, Garmadon, his father was hiding.

Garmadon was home alone, they knew so because Vinny was currently filming a live report with Gale Gossip.

Lloyd rang the bell, as he waited patiently for his father to stop camping at the door, with his hope for them to go away. It was useless since Lloyd called him out:

"Father, I know you're behind the door. It's pointless hiding behind it. We have all day to spare..."

His father's sigh filled with disappointment and annoyance was heard behind the door as he shuffled to unlock it. Why had he even tried?

Garmadon was very intrigued. Harumi and Lloyd beside each other? That surely doesn't happen every day, to his knowledge, at least.

Lloyd looked different, the full oni noted in his mind, Harumi did too: their eyes, their face, their words...

Lloyd had the most noticeable but unexpected changes... Red eyes, cold glare, stern words and a more confident demeanor: all he had to say was that he liked this new version of what he previously, barely thought of as his son.

They let themselves in and sat on some chairs opposite Garmadon.

Lloyd started, "Let's get straight to the point then...-", he was cut off by Harumi, who seemed to be slightly excited, "We want an alliance.", she smiled evilly and that's when Lloyd's glare intensified as well as his eye's glow that went from red to purple as he gave her a side eye.

Harumi, cleared her throat slightly to try to get rid of the tension.

Lloyd let his eyes linger on her for a second before his looked at his father expectantly.

"So what do you say?"

"No."

"What do you mean... 'No.'...?", he asked, genuinely fascinated by his new development, as he tilted his head.

"No. I'm trying to be good. To 'return' to the version that you and the others thought was apparently better... I thought about it and wanted to give it a try since it seemed you payed mind to it a lot. Vinny enlightened me on this topic. Isn't this what you wanted, Green Ninja? Good, in me?"

"I was naive back then. Besides... What's the point? We all know you're going to return to your old ways some day, once again. It's better to do what you do best."

"Though do you know better? Isn't what you do best this... 'kindness'?", Garmadon said as he spared some glances at Lloyd while he stood up from the couch to get his spray bottle and a plant.

"I thought you were smarter than that, Dad... Do you really take me for- Nevermind that... Stupid question.", Lloyd shook his head with uncertainty. What was wrong with him, or what was right with him?

Garmadon sprayed his plant slowly while looking at his son.

"Hm..."

"What?", Lloyd snapped at Garmadon's antics.

"You're different."

"No shit, Sherlock Holmes. Connected the dots yet or do you need me to do it for you?"

"...", silence spread throughout the room as Harumi chose to observe their conversation to see what would happen.

The full oni quickly spayed the plant again as if to irritate him.

Lloyd's eye twitched as he looked like he was about to punch a wall, while Garmadon just looked constipated. It reminded the Green Ninja of that time he had to babysit him while he created chaos all around the Bounty. He was acting childish and not of the hundreds of years he had to grow.

"Hmmmm...", Garmadon proceeded to act ridiculously in the presence of his son as he let out a long hum and ironically, and slowly squinted his eyes more. He looked like he was holding something in, not sure what.

Lloyd stared at him in disappointment as his eyes returned to a glowy green that hadn't been seen for a few days now.

Harumi and Garmadon noticed this as Lloyd rubbed the bridge of his nose, covered his face with his hand and he let his elbows be supported by his legs as he leaned forward to sigh.

Both of the long time villains stared at Lloyd with curiosity. Was the way he acted only temporary?

Lloyd stayed there for a few seconds as he mumbled something in his hands, it seemed like he was really tired, as he stood up from the couch, his hands fell to the sides of his body as he looked this father and said, "Well... This was clearly a mistake. Don't mind me leaving now.", he said as he went to exit, the girl he took with him was torn on whether to leave with him or not.

She looked to Garmadon then to Lloyd and then to Garmadon, and then back to Lloyd.

Without turning around, Lloyd asked, "Harumi, are you coming or not?"

'What about his eyes? Did they not affect him? Why was he so 'tired' then? Was he not able to hold that form of power for so long?', Harumi thought and theorised.

"OK then. Goodbye, have fun.", Lloyd said, his back still turned.

"Wait, son."

Lloyd's hairs on his back stood up. His father truly was an unpredictable creature, "I accept."

Lloyd slowly turned around with a neutral expression, boring his eyes into his red ones.

His father was staring at him with a smile, a genuine smile...

Lloyd stood at the door for a second, his gaze lingering on them a bit more before he turned back around, holding the door handle, saying, "You know where to go then... A place only the three of us have shared", Garmadon hummed as Harumi went to Lloyd to leave to their rightful places - back as they were - 'enemies'...

As the blonde boy turned around a small malicious smile was caught on his face by his father.

This was going to be interesting...

---