Chapter 3 | I wonder...

Third person POV:

Aki and Cherlyn went back to the ADA after calling an ambulance for the lady that was bitten by Avery. Aki was currently on her desk, deep in thought and looking at her sceen and narrowed her eyes while Cherlyn was laughing and eating snacks with Ranpo. Aki sighed and leaned back on her chair before pinching the bridge of her nose. Some others were just doing paperworks like Kunikida and Aki, while Yosano, Tanizaki and Atsushi are probably out shopping, Ranpo and Cherlyn laughing and Dazai probably trying to attempt suicide again. Aki shook her head and sighed before she stood up from her seat and made herself some tea. Cherlyn noticed this and walked over to Aki, putting her hand on Aki's shoulder which made her turn to Cherlyn. Cherlyn sighed and said.

"Aki, don't stress about it... We'll find her out sooner or later..."

Aki just sighed and nodded before muttering.

"That doesn't mean that I don't have to do research on her..."

Cherlyn sighed too and also nodded before walking back to Ranpo and stealing some snacks. While Aki just spaced out while sipping her tea as she shook off the thought and decided to go out for some fresh air.

Aki's POV:

"I can't get my mind off her..." I put a hand under my chin and looked down, deep in thought and saw a cafe nearby and decided to buy some coffee. After I brought myself coffee, my thoughts soothed out a bit before I sighed again and just wandered around the park when I bumped onto Dazai.

"Aki! You and Cherlyn are done with your mission already???"

Dazai tilted his head curiously while I just nodded and sighed.

"We found her but I have a bad feeling about it..."

Dazai put a hand under his chin and looked up in thought before speaking up.

"Are you talking about that girl with brown hair and red eyes?"

My expression lit up at the information and nodded, listening intently.

"You've met Avery, one of my old subordinates in the Port Mafia. She's just a regular vampire that's weak on the daytime without abilities but has fast reflexes, that's why she's one of the most powerful ones in the Port Mafia." 

Dazai shrugged and put his hands on his pockets. I was a little shocked to hear that Dazai used to be a part of the Mafia, but that didn't matter now, did it? He's from the Armed Detective Agency... That means he committed treason to the whole Port Mafia... I sighed and shook my head.