How it started

Rosealine Northwest,A lively one.Quick and nimble on her feet,flexible, mentally, physically, it didn't matter, whatever the situation was, Rose always had a plan,back ups too.Now, this may seem great, being smart, quick, strong, all that- but your wrong.Well, at least not in Rose's case, princess of the north.Always had to be a good representative,set an example for the little ones that roam the town streets. But she couldn't do it on her own, oh dear, no, she had her older sister, Valera to guide her, make her that great example.

Rosaline looked up to Valera with her whole being, she loved her sister more than the delicious little tarts her mother would make just to bait her out of her room.Too all, Rosaline included, she had it all, fame, wealth, a loving family, everything she could ever want at the tips of her little frost bitten fingers.that was, of course, until it all was snatched away from her delicate touch.burnt to nothing more than mere ashes.

A fire. A big one. How it started? She didn't know. All she knew was that she had to get the hell out. Trapped in her room, a small child unable to get the door handle, not because she was simply too short, because it was scorching hot. The flames were getting to her, quick. Licking over everything that she once knew within a few blinks of her pretty little grey eyes. She caughed, wheezed even, looking around in a haste, her small mind couldn't process what was happening, only screaming at her to get out.The heat was growing, burning her now. She couldn't get the door open, couldn't even reach the window to climb up and brace for a fall.She sat on the floor in the center of her room, accepting her fate.

The door broke down. A guard,Nick, she'd remembered his name, Nick, her favorite, always made her chubby face puff a light pink and her little lips pull into a smile until her cheeks hurt.He coughed and waved his hand in an attempt to clear some smoke from his nose,but it was to no avail.He spotted her and rushed to her side,scooped her up in his arms and made a beeline for the exit. She held onto him for dear life, clinging like he was her lifeline,tiny hands gripping the chainmail armor.He spared her a glance as he made his way through the burning castle, pity.She watched him closely, something tragic happened,something that didn't involve the downfall of the castle loved by many.

Before he could speak a sound to her, a beam fell,Onto his lower half fo be exact. It pinned him to the ground, burning his skin as it made contact,yet he made not a sound.She was pulled into his side as he fell, protecting her from any debris that fell from the ceiling,he pushed her,shoved at her small body to get up and go. She choked on the smoke, she couldn't leave him. She didn't want too, but her body told her to run. To get out and leave him. He looked back to see the damage the beam had done, and by the look on his face, she could tell he wasn't walking out this castle with her anytime soon.He look back to her, to the roof, pushed her the hardest he could as she stood to her feet and covered his head. She fell hard, but that was the least of her worries. The chandelier. The chains gave way and broke, causing the once beautiful spiral of glass come crashing down upon Nick.She screamed, high pitched voice in pure distress as tears broke the rims of her puffy eyes. A pained groan came from the pile of glass and wood, he was alive. She crawled over to him, he refused to let her get closer and yelled at her to stop. She halted her movements and stared at him in sorrow, confusion and guilt. He screamed for her to go, before it got worse, she almost asked what he was talking about before she remembered, the castle, it was still burning, with them still inside. She hated herself for it. She couldn't fight her body or his demanding words, so she ran. She ran to the exit of the building and pushed her way through the blockage with small burns and scrapes.

When she smelt the grass she opened her eyes, not even aware that she'd closed them.Looked back at the wreckage, sobbed.Poor girl, what'd she do now? Her parents. They weren't there. Everybody had gone already,they left her in there all alone.Not even trying to help get her out. They abandoned her in a pit of fire.Only eight years old and she felt as though she'd just been put through a war zone.Wiping the tears and the sweat, she stood, turned and martched straight for the woods.She never wanted to see royals again.So she live in the depths of the forest, she didn't even want to be near Villagers either, so she settled for the comfort of the woods. Calm, quiet, filled with life, lots of things too do, animals too see.After all the stories she'd hear about big bad wolves being here.It seemed that she'll be just fine.

This is my first time actually writing a book and i dont know how to go about it, please let me know if i made errors and dont be afraid to give tips or suggestions:) im all ears, see ya next one<3