Running with the wolves

The world went by in a blur, trees zipping past as the world shook with every step she took, the distant howls of Arctic wolves rang in her ears as the cold wind kissed her dark skin. She jumped, stuck the Landing, continued running. Bow in hand and clutching an arrow she'd made herself, eyes on the target, an elk. Aimed at it, deep breath, fired. She stopped in her tracks and so did her companions, she killed it, one shot? Wow, she impressed herself there. She pulled the white fox hide over her puffy head and made a sound of triumph accompanied by the cheerful howls of the wolves. With help she dragged their dinner back to their home. A cozy little underground den she'd made when she first started living here, of course, its gotten bigger over the years, shes proud of it, proud of how far she's come.

When she first started living in the woods, as a small child, she quickly came to realize she'd freeze to death without warmth.Even for her age, she understood she had to get fur, or leather, some sort of cover. She settled for fur, prettier yes, yet harder to obtain, getting the fur ment one thing she's never done in her life at the time, kill. Though she wanted to refuse, her instinct for survival said otherwise, which led her to stalking a few foxes. Waiting, watching till they lost focus, put down their guard, attacked them. She'd got bitten a few times yea, but who cares? She still hasn't gotten rabies so what's the deal? She simply took a rock and broke their skulls in. She'd seen enough hunters do it before to do it on her own. Thread from her little burnt dress and a make-shift needle made from throns of a tree, she made a pull over. Just enough too keep her warm.

It's been years now. She's gotten better. Adapted to her surroundings. She has her family, the wolves,she sought refuge in them somehow, they made no intention to push that little girl away. As a child, she wished to be a great queen one day or just a leader in general. That's all gone now. The child has grown and the dreams are dead.

After she'd eaten, she grabbed her things, stuffed them in her little bag, said goodbyes and made her way through the south side of the forest. A few years back, she'd met a boy, prince Aelith, southern prince, devious one that.After she'd met him on accident, he just wouldn't leave the poor girl alone, everyday,you'd hear the most obnoxious voice ringing through the forest;"ROSA, ROSA!! " it was maddening in said girls case. So to stop the damned lunatic from wondering in too deep and possibly killing himself-she offered to visit him,bring him gifts of ghe forest she's grown to love.Not even a mile near the southern border and a stupid voice rings out, deafening. She huffs out in annoyance and pulled a small smile of being all to familliar. She spots a male, not that tall, not that short either, pretty black hair with a single braid with colorful beads.

It was him.
Ah, that motherfucker.

She calls for him, "AELITH! "the name taste like wild berries on her tongue and she has to stop herself from spitting at the thought.Said boy halts his movements, turns his head sharply and rushes towards her. Her eyes widen and she bolts forward and a little to the side, him missing her by just a hair, he spins, smiles at her.

Oh , that big ugly smile, she loved it.

" You came? For me? Oh, how sweet, my dear! " She snorts then,crinkles her nose and smiles a goofy smile, maybe she did like him. Just a little. "You flatter yourself, Aelith. I have only come to trouble you. " though, it was the other way around. "If that is what you think, How are you Rose? " ah, that damned dimple that flickered eveytime he grinned. He was a sight. Caramel skin, dark hair as said, and a pair of pretty blue eyes stare back at her. He cought her staring, teased her. "I was just spacing out, i was not staring at you." She argued. "There are no need for lies you know. " he resorted. They always do this, back and forth with each other until one gives in. They didn't want it any other way.

"When you were still in your castle, did you ever hear about a girl that fell in love with a beast? " oh, dear lord,not again. She whined high in her throat, she was tired of hearing about beauty and the beast. She didn't like the story one bit either. "Oh, not that old tale, Lith, please. " she begged him, he simply laughed at her small antics,"why do you not like that story? Its incredibly well written and sweet if you think about it." She hated the book and story with all her being "She's a crazy gal that falls in love with a kidnapper. And then the kidnapper is a ratty old dog with anger issues just because he didn't wanna take granny's hand me down weed." She deadpaned and he laughed more, louder now, He loved that about her, Funny but serious. "Well i think your opinion is fully garbage, Belle reminds me of my mother..Sweet lil' thing,falling in love with a monster.But you wouldn't know what a mothers love is like now would you? " He was joking, he ment for it to tease her a little.She blinked at him, surprised at the comment, "I beg your fucking pardon. " It was more a statement than a question. "You should not speak because at least my father loved me and my mother was not bed ridden like a old hag. " that hit a nerve. They stared at each other in silent irritation until she spoke again,
"Im sorry. "
"That fucking hurt. "
"I know. Im sorry. "
"I didn't mean what i said. "
"I know that, im sorry. "
"You say that a lot"
"Because i feel it a lot."
They stared once again, less tension than before. She pulled out something from her pouch,the gift, an acorn.He looked at it, smiled a gentle smile, took it and bagged it. "An acorn? You couldn't find anything else? " he spoke with foreign disinterest "If you do not like it, i can always take it back and give it to Akula." She spoke of one of the wolves, a fierce one.He immediately shook his head at the idea, if she gave him a bucket of ice, he would cherish it until it melted.

They shared stories and random things that popped into their heads until someone was heard calling for Aelith. They rose to sit from laying down to have a look around, Kivu.Rose had gotten to know him as Aelith's Personal servant, she never spoke to him of course, no one other than Aelith knew of her existence. She looked to the sky and realized they had been there until sundown, got up, embraced him, said goodbye and turned to leave. "You know, women should not curse, it's very barbaric I've been told. " even though he knew she really could care less, he still wanted to agitate her before they parted. "What? " she raised an eyebrow at him. Foolish . "Women shouldn't curse" he repeated as he walked with his back turned, not once glancing her way, "Go fuck yourself behind a blueberry bush. " She grinned to herself and left, but not before throwing an acorn at his head, this girl had some aim. "OW!? YOU HOMELESS SOGGY DOG! " She laughed now, "Goodbye Aelith! " he spat into the snow and left. She loved this, them hanging out, talking, doing random things, she became accustomed to it. As she thought, she found a spot to rest, maybe she'd sleep out here tonight, just for tonight.

What could go wrong?

Thoughts? Was it good? Was it bad? Was it trash? Lemme know lemme know lemme know :(