TWENTY NINE

Archer

"Tomorrow, you'll be a doctor."

Niall says in my ear as he places his hand over my thigh, smiling at me at a table full of our closest friends.

Rosè flows around the table with my chosen family as we sit outside enjoying the May weather, all of my friends who made the trip to Boston for my graduation.

Graduation.

Just saying that feels fucking insane.

Looking over at him, I blow out a breath. "Isn't that crazy? I'm so nervous."

"Baby, what are you nervous about?" Deep blue eyes find me, grounding me. "You already took your exams and you've got a job set up."

"I know! What if I fall on the stage?" With wide eyes, I look at him. "Don't think it can't happen."

Niall tips his head back, laughing like a little kid. "Arch, if you fall on the stage I promise I'll still love you... But I will laugh."

Shoving his shoulder, I laugh as he grabs my arms and pulls me into his lap, wrapping his arms around me before placing a kiss to my cheek.

"You guys are so in love it's disgusting." Inez says, finishing the rest of her drink.

Ellis laughs next to her, reaching over to grab her hand. "You're one to talk."

"Exactly!" Dorothea calls out, running her hand over her pregnant belly. "You act like you two aren't planning a wedding right now."

Inez blushes as the ring on her finger catches the light. "Okay, but Rebekah is like — three seconds away from getting engaged to Drew!"

We all fall into a fit of laughter, all of us who met last summer with the people who feel like our other halves. the best parts of ourselves.

I smile over at Niall, watching as he falls into conversation with Ellis. "I'm going to run to the bathroom, okay? Save my seat!"

"I'll save you a seat at every table, peach." Pressing a quick kiss to his lips I make it a quick trip before coming back.

Sitting at this table, I can't stop smiling.

Over the last six months, I've fallen even more in love with Niall than I even thought was possible.

We both made trip after trip after trip to see each other. Never going more than a couple weeks without seeing each other. Even in those two weeks we never went a single day without spending time on a facetime call.

Niall has been there for many tears during my last year in school, wiping away as many of them as he could.

There were so many nights I fell asleep talking to him, only to wake up with the call still going and listening to his steady breaths on the other side.

Sometimes when he visited he brought Wilson, which were some of my favorite trips.

My own little family.

On a few occasions the girls even made some trips down to see me.

Nothing feels like finding your people, the ones that love you for every single part of yourself, the friends who are there no matter what.

Some friends just fill your soul in the best ways.

"Are you ready to go?"

Breaking out of my daze, I take Niall's hand as we leave the restaurant, heading towards the AirBnB he rented for the weekend since my apartment was all packed up in boxes, ready to be moved.