Chapter 1

It's been a week since I signed a contract with an Aeon. And while I have been enjoying my more youthful body, the Astral Express has yet to show up. I'm not sure what to expect, a train that travels the stars is certainly an interesting idea. But the task the perform is what interests me, if I am to join the Astral Express surely I would have take part.

Stopping in front of a tree, I started to run my fingers along the bark of the tree. Feeling each and every texture as I walked around the tree. Stepping away from the tree, the areas where I placed my fingers begone to glow a vibrant green. Letting the light die down and fade before saying,

"The bark is healthy, no signs of decay, and water is being properly moved through the trunk and to the leaves," turning my head to the side, "did you get all of that."

Standing on the pathway besides me were two children off eighteen years of age, a
boy and a girl. The boy, Elias, is a naturally calm person and had simply wrote what I had said down. The girl, Cecilia was far more energetic having responded to my statement with,

"We did master."

Walking up to them I said,

"That would be the last one, let's head back now."

Though I said we would be heading back to my residence as my students suspect, rather I am taking to a place where very few have entered. These two were the very first children to be born on the moon colony, twins to be exact. A rather exciting moment that occurred in the harshest period of life here on the moon, certainly an event to celebrate. When I discovered their inherent talent in the magical arts, I knew I would have to mentor and teach them.

It's certainly been a journey since that day thirteen years ago when they both accepted my offer. Time seemed to fly since then as both of them had their fair share of struggles as well as their share of achievements. They are both ready to find their own path, regardless of where it may lead to. As we slowly made our way to the destination there was a feeling in my chest, a feeling foreign to me. Was this pride? Could I be proud of myself that I was able to successfully teach two students. Was this how my master felt when me and the others completed our training. I can not tell, but whatever it was, it felt good.

Knocking me out of my thoughts Elias had said,

"We're not going to your house are we master."

Stopping in my tracks I said back,

"Indeed we aren't, we are headed to a very special place."

Entering the conversation Cecilia said,

"Where are we going to master, I'm certain me and Elias have been nearly everywhere with you."

"Only I have been to our destination, where we are headed is perfectly suited for what is going to happen. Now be patient, we are almost there."

Both of them stayed silent for the rest of the trip as we traversed past the colonized area and into the more barren part of the moon. Soon we traveled up a hill as our final destination came into view. Standing on the top of the hill I let my students take in the sight that was in front of them. Sitting in the plains in front of us was a massive pure white ship, though there was signs of plant growth along the sides. And sitting on top of the ship as a massive pure white structure that sprawled the entire length of the ship.

Running forward to gain a clear view Cecilia as she said,

"What is this master?"

"The ship would be project Tír na nÓg, the structure on top would be the White House."

Walking up to me Elias said,

"The White House, wasn't that the capital of the United States?"

"Indeed it was, this was how I arrived the moon in the first place. It was also the place where a false god was born, and the place where a false god was killed."

"The G4 summit of 2187?"

"That is correct Elias, but enough dawdling let's get going."

Walking to the top of the hill I stepped off the top and created a barrier to step on. Creating a barrier of every step I take, I made my way to the top of Tír na nÓg with my students following close behind.

Making it to the top I waited till my students reached me before saying,

"Well what do you think."

The first to reach me was Cecilia as she said,

"It's wonderful, I've never seen anything like it."

Arriving Elias said,

"That's because we have nothing like it here, it's a remnant from the age of Black Tech," turning to face me, "is that correct Master?"

"Indeed, though the White House was built a long time before the devices known as Black Tech existed. But enough of that, why don't you two go ahead and explore the place."

Stopping and turning back to me Cecilia said,

"Really, we can?"

"Of course. This place has wealth of knowledge within, it would be a shame if you were unable to see it."

Running up to me, Cecilia said,

"Thank you master," before running up to Elias and grabbing his hand,"let's get going we've got a spaceship to explore!"

Watching them disappear into the White House I couldn't help but let out a small laugh as I sat down on the grass. Clearing my mind to begin meditating, waiting in till one of them figured out the real reason we are here.

Location of Cecilia and Elias

Entering the White House, Cecilia was dragging Elias by his hands as they stopped in the entrance hall. Letting go of Elias's hand Cecilia admired the decorations of the room.

Bent down with his hands on his knees, Elias was catching his breath from the impromptu run. Looking towards Cecilia Elias said,

"Can we not do that again, and if we do can you give me some warning before hand. A shout when you're running at me is perfectly acceptable."

Turning around to face him, Cecilia said,

"Well it's not fault your out of shape. Perhaps if you got outside some more and didn't stay in your room all day and work on your list."

Putting her left hand on her hip and bend down to be eye level with Elias, her right hand resting on his head. Reaching to grab her arm to prevent her from moving, Elias flicked her forehead with his free hand and let go of her other arm. Watching Cecilia recoil in pain as she held her forehead and said,

"What the hell was that for!"

Crossing his arms and stared at her an unamused expression, Elias said,

"You know damn well that I'm far more active than you are. If we're going off facts then you're the one who is a the shut in. And besides my list is known of your business."

Crossing her arms and making a pouting face Cecilia said,

"No I am not. I'll have you know that I am doing very important things."

"Like what, looking at pictures of attractive men. I know for a fact that you do not have that many magic books in your room."

Cecilia's face slowly began turning a light shade of red as she failed to answer Elias's jab. Seeing this, Elias began to laugh as Cecilia's became even redder.

Pausing his laughter, Elias looked back to Cecilia and said,

"So I was right! I was just throwing an idea out there, but it seems my little guess was actually true!"

Putting her face in her hands, Cecilia said in a soft voice,

"Yes. I admit to your acquisitions."

This caused Elias to laugh even harder as Cecilia struggled to keep her composure. Stopping his laughter, Elias said,

"How were they. Surely they must've been good."

Finally losing her composure Cecilia stormed off in a random direction, leaving Elias behind. Watching her leave, Elias went after her saying,

"Ah come on, I was only joking about that."

Catching up to her as they continued on their way through the White House.