Chapter 7

As the children were getting into whatever shenanigans they could think of with Himeko. Welt left them to do their own things and was now taking a stroll around the colony. Combined with the rhythmic tapping of his cane on the ground, and being a new face in town, Welt had attracted the attention of many of the residents. And many of these residents were curious about these new arrivals. Many of the older folks kelp their distance, watching Welt through their discerning gaze. And the young children too kept their distance, but out of shyness rather than judgement.

The residents who did approach Welt were the ones who were closer to sixty and seventy. Halfway through his walk, an absolute unit of an old man taking giant strides toward Welt, seemingly unfazed by nerves. Stopping in front of Welt and blocking his way, bright blue eyes bore into Welt's own brown eyes. The two old men never broke the staring contest for a very long time and were beginning to attract the attention of the other residents. Unsurprisingly considering two old men were standing unmoving in the middle of the street.

Inching closer to Welt's face, the old man said,

"I'll assume you were one of the people who caused the commotion yesterday."

Resifting his grip on his cane, Welt said,

"You assume correct, I do apologize for disturbing the peace."

In the few moments after, the air around the two seemed still as ice. When it shattered when the mountain of man let out a large and boisterous laugh straight from his massive chest. Welt himself let out a small chuckle as his head bowed down slightly. Finishing his laugh, the old man stroked his white beard, saying to Welt,

"Well then, I do apologize for that. It's not everyday we have people arriving at our colony here."

"It's alright, though I was concerned I had done something wrong and I haven't even been here for a full day yet."

"Now that we're done with that, my name is Percival, and what might your name be?"

"I'm Welt Yang, though just Welt is fine."

"Well then Welt," wrapping his arm around Welt's shoulder, Percival began to walk, taking Welt with him "seeing as you what I assume to come from outer space, Asuka was the one who greeted you."

"That would be correct."

"Seems about right, then I would be correct to assume that Elias and Cecilia were there too?"

"You would? But why the questions Percival?"

"Oh nothing but musings of an old man."

"Sometimes the musings of an old man can provide wondrous insight."

After several moments of silence of Percival, he said,

"Alright I'll tell ya, Elias used to be my student. One of the first things he did after walking was learn how to use a spear. But now that's grown up now I think he might be close to being past my level soon."

"I know that feeling well, seeing your student learn and grow is a one of kind feeling. But sometimes you can't help look back and not be a little sad about it."

"Indeed, indeed it is Welt. It seems like yesterday that you see your student struggling to do even the simplest things to us, but when they're all grown up and they do the same thing they struggled so long ago as naturally as they breath, it really shows how fast time flies."

Stoping at the end of the street, the two of them spotted a familiar face walking toward them. Still in the clothes he wore yesterday, Asuka came up to them as Percival said to him,