Unlikely Friends

POV Regina Elowen

All I remember was running, trees hitting my face scratching and bruising my light tan skin. What was I running from? Well, me and the servant boy Veris were playing Trolls and Fairies a little game known well in the world of Edessa. I may have gone past the wall's a little too far, I didn't notice till I was looking around me and I saw no walls no buildings only the woods. I skid to a stop falling on my face letting out yelp. I scanned the wood's I couldn't see anything that would lead me home, it didn't help that I was only six and small with no sense of direction. I start to walk back where I hoped I came from holding myself, I just wanted my Nan or Knight Galen (Ga-len). The sun was setting the woods were becoming dark, everywhere I looked the trees looked like they were demons with their arms open wide trying to grab me. I notice a light maybe a fire maybe Galen! I ran to it crying my vision blurred I hug the legs of Galen; I look up and fall back screaming my lungs out. Standing before me was A woman with glowing orange eyes and white fangs smiling devilish at me, she was a vampire I know it I learned of them, and I know she is one. My heart beats out my chest as she kneels and looks at me setting her lantern down. "Oh, you poor sweet thing, are you lost? I can help you." her voice soft like she meant what she was saying, and I shake my head no. She breaths in deeply and hums grabbing my red dress by the collar I cry and scream, then she drops me my back meeting the ground again. A look of anger and fright came over her demeanor, a growl came out from behind me. I dare not look behind me I whimper and sob shaking, I think I'd rather the vampire then what is behind me right now. She swiftly runs away faster than anything I've seen; I stay still as a statue hoping whatever scared her maybe didn't see me. 

"What are you doing out here?" A young male voice speaks softly a voice I didn't know and in my head. "W-what?" I squeak and look up seeing a large werewolf towering over me, they weren't as scary as I thought they were. I get up and dust my dress off "It's dangerous in the woods especially at night I smelled you and that thing, and I came to make sure you were...alive." "Thank you. I didn't mean to come out here as far as I did." looking at this werewolf he was a lot smaller than one's Teacher Oris (Or-is) mentioned, also all white fur which means he's a pup. "We are in the same boat then; do you know where your home is?" I shake my head "Well I'll stay and maybe my father or yours will find us and help." I smile and nod I make a little fire with the lantern the vampire dropped and left, he lays down and I sit near him laying my head on him. As I did that, I felt I don't know what exactly but a weird tingling sensation, like when you feel like you're falling out of bed and your body suddenly jerks awake. The wolf jumps a bit too he felt it to I tilt my head and lean back on him, and I feel it again. "What is that?" I whisper quietly he looks at me and huffs, "I'm sorry I don't speak wolf." A giggle comes from my lips, I get what I think is a smile from him. "I don't know, I never felt that before." He says in my head again, how is he doing that is that normal? "How do you speak in my head? I studied a bit about werewolves, and it doesn't mention this." My head tilts inquisitively, I paid attention in lessons with Teacher Oris. "All of us can do it I never tried to with a human, so I guess it works. How did you end up here?" A heavy sigh came out "Well I was playing Trolls and Fairies with my friend Veris, and I ran a little too far." the wolf tilts his head then puts his head on my lap and I pet his ears hesitantly, unsure if this was ok or an insult. "What is that game?"  "It's said When a fairy loses its wings it becomes a hideous troll. In the game there's one troll and the rest are fairies; the goal is to catch the fairies and get your wings back." what I could only describe a wolfish chuckle comes out. "You humans have funny games and stories. that isn't true, they are two different things. Trolls are sometimes surprisingly nice; I've met few with my dad." he nudges my chin with his snout I had a frown on my face being a princess is nice and all, but I don't see my parents much at all I was envious. "You alright?" I nod. "Being a princess, I don't get to see or hear from my parents much I am jealous." His body jerks "You're a princess?! Wow...I met a princess. On a blood moon no less it's a lucky day for me." Blush comes across my cheeks no one ever has been this excited to meet me. "Princess of the Blood moon, that will be what I call you." "I like that it sounds tough and scary." I smile sleepily the forest now blackish red hue from the blood moon my eyes close, and I fall asleep on his warm comforting fur. I felt strangely at home laying my head on this werewolf something I never felt in the walls of the kingdom.

The Moon's CallingOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara