Now that I've Found You

Fifteen Years Later

POV Regina

I stand looking in the mirror, dressed in a long light blue grey dress with details of gold hugging my body. I smile nervously as my stomach turns, today is my crowning day. Where I will be named queen, my father will still be ruling but it means I am ready for marriage. my mother enters the room and smiles brightly looking at me, "You look beautiful our little rose all grown up." she cries lightly, I hug her trying to look confident as I could. "Mom I am not Queen or anything." "Yet but you are finding maybe a future king for the kingdom, it's a big deal." Hearing that almost makes me sick to my stomach, I've never been into men not that I like women, but I just have no interest in them. None have ever caught my eyes or my heart. "I know you have no interest in this ordeal, but me and your father want you to try to find someone you like. We don't want to make you do an arranged marriage; we want you to be happy." I sigh and nod. "I know mom I will try." she gives my cheek a kiss and leaves as Galen enters the room. "Princess, are you ready?" I nod lightly and take a deep breath, adjusting my necklace to the center of my chest. I follow him out closely when we come to the main door. I hear mumbled words from my father, then clapping as Galen opens the door, I walk down the aisle, hundreds of people clapping and looking at me. My cheeks become red. I was never one to like all eyes on me, I wave politely to everyone as I walk giving my best warm smile. I reach the throne, and my father stands smiling at me, I kneel before him bowing my head. "I King Caelum Elowen name you Princess Ragina Elowen as Queen to the throne of Famor, may your reign be long and peaceful and may your heart bring hope to the land." My mother brings a large gold crown with a red ruby rose in the middle. My father takes it and places it on my head. "Rise now as Queen Ragina Elowen, Long live the Queen! Long live Famor!" he states with a booming voice. I stand, and everyone claps excitedly. "Please join us on the Queens name day and also her birthday, everyone to the garden. thank you." My mother announces, and just like that, the room was almost empty minus the maids cleaning up. "Well, Queen Regina go mingle. There are some princes here I'm sure can exchange pleasantries with."  "Of course, dad." "I am proud of you; we will be out shortly." I nod and make my way to the garden; I don't know how he walks with a crown on. I feel so off balance and heavy.

The garden is always so beautiful, an array of flowers of every color. Walking down the Intricate designed stone steps being stopped every two seconds to talk to people with congratulations, I smile and entertain their conversation. I walk into the maze of rose bushes I always love coming here, its peaceful and smells immaculate. "Hello, my Queen, you look radiant today. It's a pleasure to meet you I am Prince Rhory (Rh-or-y) Lamont (La-mon-t)" he takes my hand kissing the top of it, tall blond man with ocean green eyes smells of cedar and musk. not my favorite. "Nice to meet you Prince Lamont-" "please call me Rhory." "Rhory thank you for representing your kingdom, I was surprised you came Lamonts usually never come to these things." "Well how could I miss a beautiful princess becoming Queen? I want to meet you know you I think we could make an extraordinary couple, no?" I chuckle that's why he came. "Oh, thank you for the offer, Lamont but I have someone else." as I say this something in the air changes his demeanor becomes almost annoyed at my words. I turn to walk away but his hand grabs my arms and pulls me to his chest, he grasps the nape of my neck and makes me look at him. "Queen I would suggest rethinking your choice, it might end in flames." he says coming closer to me whispering his voice dripping with anger. then he kisses me his lips dry and breath smells of tobacco, I try push him away but he's so much stronger than me. then we hear a throat clear, and he lets me go and wraps his arms around me, "may I help you knight?" I see Galen look to me I nod slowly "No Lamont but I think you need to go, before I escort you out and you make a fool of yourself."