Prologue: Eros

2350 AD, 350/5/13

In the ambience of space, lies the solar system, then our sun. We see ourselves shine as humanity departs its cradle world to settle on new worlds. Notably mars and other celestial body's.

And while this ambience was soothing, it was soon interrupted by the incoming photons emitted from the rear of a third dimensional object. Flying through space at absurdly high speeds, and it was not alone, as more of its brethren flew through any incoming debris while its targeting system was locked on its victim. Eros.

Earths nuclear Arsenal in the North American continent were in there set paths as the velocity they gathered in there first stage has enabled them to fly through orbits and proceed with no after burners to do there target. Eros, a gigantic asteroid headed towards earth. At this moment of time, the second wave has been launched from South Africa as a sterilisation force as they come behind the first wave.

This decision was made as a known extra terrestrial bio-toxin remains on the interior of Eros. Creating the Eros incident. And as such, the second wave was fired to justify deputy Secretary errinwright.

As the missiles near there target, they detach there first stage which allowed them to shoot out as they activate there Epstein drives at full throttle. As the thousands of missiles head towards the giant rock.

During this process, the Nauvoo has distanced itself from the asteroid alongside all other belter ships, joined with the rocinante and its faithful crew,

The missiles collides with the asteroid, creating gigantic explosions into it as the thermal radiation burns through the rock and available protomolecule as the energy outputted destroys Eros inside out. Creating high velocity debris, which was then taken care of by the second wave as they also detonate there thermonuclear warheads to sterilise and kill all the remaining protomolecule..

From the oval room of the UN Security Council then rised to a suplex of applause as the operation was successful into destroying Eros. Which was in a collision course to earth.

As the room fell into a climax of applause, the secretary general, Esteban, sighs in relief as that problem has vanished into nothingness from sheer brute strength and reliance to nuclear weapons.

While he was relieved of his victory here, deputy secretary errinwright closes the distance between him and his counterpart, deputy Secretary avasarala, as he utters the words of his cunning demeanour.

"It seems I've made the right decision here, teacher.."  He says while eyeing his former teacher as he then returned to face the room and starts joining the crowd by clapping. With avasarala muttering, "fuck.....you".

As the cabinet were in a state of awe and applausement, an operator of the watch tower satellites came into the room and directed herself to madam avasarala as mutters the following:

"Madam, there is news i must report to the security council and it is urgent" With no sense of restraint, madam avasarala calls out to the whole cabinet.

"All right! break it up! This young lady part of the watch-tower satellites wants to conduct a report immediately." The cabinet goes silent as everyone sits down, of course, except the ones who stood which included Secretary general esteban and Fleet admiral nyugen.

"What is it all about....ms.......rose." Esteban asks as he sits back at his chair and slouches. "We just had a fun time celebrating our victory over the protomolecul-" Esteban was cut off as rose made her way to the oval table as she removed a plug and embedded a flash drive.

The flash drive ejected all its data into the complex digital servers of the oval table as a hologram flashes to show the solar. Now zoomed into venuses orbit as venus is shown.

"I dont understand, what is this supposed to mean?" Sadavir errinwright says as the rest of the cabinet look.

"What you see here, isnt venus." Rose then swipes her fingers as a colorised version of it shows. 

The cabinet were taken aback as some had wide eyed expressions and gasps. The celestial body shown resembled earth, but with some major distances.

"Our satellites which formerly orbited venus have calculated the exact diameter of this new celestial body. 23,874 kilometers, with a density of 5.51 g/cm³." The cabinet were put to a shock, this earth like planet had enough statures to be considered a super earth.

"Wait, 5.51 g/cm³? Thats the same density as earth....doesnt that mean this planets G-force is nearly identical?" A scientist in the cabinet inquires as he raises his glasses into the new finding.

The secretary general faces a new problem as he had to act quick.
|
"Is this new planet closer to us then mars" Esteban inquires as a scientist nods after checking the database on the watch tower satellites.