Chapter 4: Mother Nature's Blessing

Days have passed and it's finally the final day of school. Desmon has been lucky and has managed to avoid Matthew and his gang. Currently, Desmon is waiting for his letter that tells him if he got in or was rejected. As soon as the teacher hands Desmon his letter, he rips it open and starts reading. Tears well up in the bottom of Desmon's eyes. He got in, not because of his mana level but because of his grades. He was gonna do it, he was going to be more like his grandfather. He couldn't believe it and he couldn't wait to tell his parents. A distant sound gets Desmon out of his thought train, it is now break hour. Desmon quickly gathers his items and leaves the classroom, heading outside before Matthew could spot him. On his way out Desmon bumps into Penny.

"Watch it, nerd!" Penny shouts annoyed.

"I'm sorry Penny I... I was lost in thought." Desmon says nervously.

"Yeah well try and watch where you're going Wyrm, I don't need you wandering into me all the time," Penny says with sass.

"Yeah... sure..." Desmon says sadly walking away.

Desmon walks out of the building and heads to his favorite spot, the willow tree, sitting down below it, his stuff to the right of him. Taking in a deep breath of the flowing wind, Desmon starts to sing.

"When I was younger, I had a friend. We would fly away to worlds of pretend."

As Desmon sings, animals start to make their way toward him, sitting down when they feel they're close enough.

"And this is the story, in a lonely town. With a boy who lost her to the crown. On our way home, up on a hill. We would spend all evening, playing in the mill."

The animals all look calm yet sad as Desmon sings. There is a swirl of magic around the dead plants.

"Oh, I remember as I looked at her, Saw how brave I was this time, so I drew closer."

The dead plants start to resprout as if they were just planted. The plants that were already alive are glowing their natural colors.

"Sometimes you gotta let go, Sometimes you gotta hold on. So I'll stand my ground, stand my ground, stand my ground. I've got the power, I've got the power, I've got the power! I've got the power this time!"

The willow tree Desmon is sitting under starts to glow as the wind makes the leaves dance.

"So I'll stand beside her, I'll stand beside her! Cause I got the power, power!"

The dead plants now shine their beautiful colors. Maxine hears music and follows it until she sees a pulsing glow matching the beat coming from the dead garden when she arrives she sees Desmon singing and her eyes go wide. She didn't know Desmon could sing, but her eyes soften as he sings the previous verse, remembering what Penny did to him.

"In the depths of the ocean, I found a treasure. It was her heart of Amethyst, light as a feather."

Maxine tries to walk closer to Desmon but stops herself as she sees the dead willow tree now alive, glowing brightly.

'Wait... what?!' Maxine thought shocked.

"Just a lost soul, going to battle. Ain't no pain here too strong, I couldn't handle."

Maxine wipes her tears, but she just couldn't agree more.

"Sometimes you gotta let go, sometimes you gotta hold on. So I'll stand my ground, stand my ground, stand my ground. I've got the power! I've got the power! I've got the power! I've got the power this time!"

The surrounding plants and grass start to glow.

'He's using Nature's mana!' Maxine thinks, staring in awe.