𝓖𝓸𝓭 𝓭𝓪𝓶𝓷 𝓲𝓽

MITCH POV (at hinobi):

I knew I messed up.
From the moment it came out of my mouth, I realized what I had done.

"𝘞𝘩𝘺 𝘸𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘵𝘦𝘭𝘭 𝘮𝘦?!"

"(𝘠/𝘕) 𝘸𝘩𝘺 𝘸𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘥𝘢𝘮𝘯 𝘣𝘶𝘴𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘴?! 𝘛𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘩𝘢𝘴 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰 𝘥𝘰 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘰 𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘮𝘦 𝘢𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘦!"

"..."

"𝘐 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘵𝘳𝘺𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰 𝘩𝘦𝘭𝘱 𝘺𝘰𝘶."

Now here I am, trying to focus on what this customer has been asking me.

"Excuse Me." the lady was looking up at me, practically fumming with annoyance.

" I've asked you seven times now why I can't use all of my coupons to get this free. Why won't you..."

I drowned her out again and reminiscenced in agony on me and (Y/N)'s fight last week.

----
~𝓞𝓷𝓮 𝔀𝓮𝓮𝓴 𝓪𝓰𝓸~

𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘶𝘻𝘻 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘮𝘺 𝘱𝘩𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘫𝘰𝘭𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘮𝘦 𝘢𝘸𝘢𝘬𝘦.

*𝘯𝘦𝘸 𝘮𝘦𝘴𝘴𝘢𝘨𝘦 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘶𝘯𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸𝘯*

𝘏𝘶𝘩?

𝘐 𝘩𝘦𝘴𝘪𝘵𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘢 𝘮𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵, 𝘣𝘦𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘤𝘶𝘳𝘪𝘰𝘶𝘴𝘪𝘵𝘺 𝘨𝘰𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘰𝘧 𝘮𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘐 𝘱𝘪𝘤𝘬𝘦𝘥 𝘶𝘱 𝘮𝘺 𝘱𝘩𝘰𝘯𝘦.

𝘞𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘧𝘶𝘤𝘬?

𝘐 𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘬𝘦𝘥 𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘴𝘪𝘥𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘥, 𝘏𝘰𝘱𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 (𝘠/𝘕) 𝘸𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘣𝘦 𝘢𝘸𝘢𝘬𝘦; 𝘨𝘪𝘨𝘨𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘳𝘦𝘤𝘰𝘳𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘮𝘺 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘤𝘬 𝘵o 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘴𝘶𝘳e 𝘮𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘢 𝘫𝘰𝘬𝘦.

𝘉𝘶𝘵 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘧𝘢𝘴𝘵 𝘢𝘴𝘭𝘦𝘦𝘱. 𝘖𝘳 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘨𝘰𝘰𝘥 𝘢𝘵 𝘧𝘢𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘪𝘵. 𝘐 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘰𝘬 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘢 𝘣𝘪𝘵, 𝘣𝘦𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘤𝘭𝘶𝘴𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘥𝘦𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘪𝘵𝘦𝘭𝘺 𝘴𝘭𝘦𝘦𝘱𝘪𝘯𝘨.

𝘈 𝘴𝘮𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘸𝘩𝘪𝘴𝘱𝘦𝘳 𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘦𝘱𝘦𝘥 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘮𝘺 𝘭𝘪𝘱𝘴.

"𝘞𝘩𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘩𝘦𝘭𝘭...?"

"𝘔𝘪𝘵𝘤𝘩? 𝘞𝘩𝘺 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘶 𝘢𝘸𝘢𝘬𝘦?"

"Mitch."

I looked up, to see phil staring at me.

"Look, I know you and (Y/N) are going through a tough patch right now. How about u head home for the day?"

"But the lady.." I searched for the women's all too familiar scowl.

" I got finshed with her over 10 minutes ago. I had to explain that my top employee was just 'preoccupied' so that she didn't throw a tantrum."

"Oh okay then. Thanks."
I began to walk away, before phill spoke.
"And Mitch?"
I turned back.

"I can't keep having you personal life interfere with work. Please get your - issues- resolved."

"Yes sir."

~𝓽𝓲𝓶𝓮 𝓼𝓴𝓲𝓹 ~

MITCH POV:

I entered the apartment quietly.
It was only 5pm and yet the place looked Desereted, except for a faint sound of Wii boxing and barking coming from the guest room.

Well, it was the guest room. (Y/N) has been using It as her room for the past week. She's done everything possible to avoid me; leaving for work early, coming in late, or even staying over at her mom's on a free day.

Her mom.

She isn't very found of me right now. I tried calling her several times but alas, she would always end the call immediately, or let it ring until it hit voicemail.

Walking over to the guest room, I took a deep breath before knocking on the door.
"(Y/N)?"
The sound of the Wii game pausing indicated that she had heard me.
Even mocha fell silent
"Hey. It's me. Can we talk?"

A pause.

Then the game resumed, the sound of her grunts as she let out her frustration on Matt, the Wii boxing guy.

I sighed. I knew I deserved this. I should have communicated..

I quickly turned off my phone and slid it underneath my pillow.

"Yeah what's up?"

(Y/N) wasn't amused. She frowned, before looking at the hand that once held my phone.

"Who was that?"

"Was what?"

"Mitch."

"It's nothing sweetheart"

"It's gotta be something, to wake you up in the middle of the night."

"Don't worry about it (Y/N). Its really nothing."

(Y/N) sat up, patience thinning

"No, Mitch. Who. Was. That."

"(Y/N)-"

"Why won't you tell me?!"

It wasn't anything I could have controlled, but I knew (Y/N), and bringing it up, especially then, would have just made things so much worse.

* 1 new message! *
'I know who you are Mitch. What you -really- do. Here's what your gonna do.
1.You'll drop of the gauntlet in the back alley of the hinobi store.
2.for the sake of (Y/N), you won't tell a soul.
3. trace this number or attempt any further investigation and risk putting (Y/N)s and mochas life in jeopardy.

"What the hell?"

(𝓲𝓽'𝓼 𝓫𝓮𝓮𝓷 𝓢𝓞 𝓛𝓞𝓝𝓖!! 𝓘 𝓪𝓬𝓽𝓾𝓪𝓵𝓵𝔂 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮𝓷'𝓽 𝓼𝓮𝓮𝓷 𝓰𝓵𝓲𝓽𝓬𝓱 𝓽𝓮𝓬𝓱𝓼 𝓲𝓷 𝓪 𝓱𝓸𝓽 𝔀𝓱𝓲𝓵𝓮, 𝓼𝓸 𝓵𝓮𝓽 𝓶𝓮 𝓴𝓷𝓸𝔀 𝓲𝓯 𝓼𝓸𝓶𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓷𝓰𝓼 𝓸𝓯𝓯. 𝓐𝓵𝓼𝓸 𝓘 𝓶𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽 𝓮𝓭𝓲𝓽 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓹𝓻𝓮𝓿𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻𝓼 𝓫𝓬 𝓾 𝓬𝓪𝓷 𝓽𝓮𝓵𝓵 𝔀𝓱𝓮𝓷 𝓲 𝓼𝓽𝓪𝓻𝓽𝓮𝓭 𝓽𝓸 𝓵𝓸𝓼𝓮 𝓲𝓷𝓽𝓮𝓻𝓮𝓼𝓽𝓼, 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓶𝔂 𝓼𝓽𝓸𝓻𝓲𝓮𝓼 𝓰𝓸𝓽. 𝓢𝓱𝓸𝓻𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓼𝓱𝓸𝓻𝓽𝓮𝓻. 𝓢𝓸 𝓘 𝓶𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽 𝓶𝓮𝓻𝓰𝓮 𝓪 𝓯𝓮𝔀 𝓸𝓯 𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓶, 𝓫𝓮𝓬𝓪𝓾𝓼𝓮 𝓘'𝓶 𝓷𝓸𝓽 𝔀𝓸𝓻𝓻𝓲𝓮𝓭 𝓸𝓾𝓽 𝓹𝓸𝓼𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓸𝓷 𝓽𝓲𝓶𝓮 >:) )