Writing Prompt

Prompt by moominshrooms 
Chapter 65 (I think) in her book of wc prompts

Scene 1:

"You never loved me!" Violetbloom hissed. "You left me to raise our kits, alone!"

A pang of sadness shot through him. Greykit... Treekit... They're gone. And it's all because of HER.

His former mate growled. "I had to!" She yelled.

"Oh really? Do you know they died? THEY DIED BECAUSE OF YOU! MY KITS ARE DEAD, ALL BECAUSE OF YOU!" Violetbloom yelled.

Birchblaze's eyes widened, and she leapt back as if struck. A tear rolled down her muzzle. "They're dead?" She asked quietly.

Violetbloom felt another pang, but ignored it. "Yes. What did you expect? I'm a tom, I have no milk, I can't nurse them! You left us, a moon of travel away from any other cats! I left my Clan, I left my home, to be with you, and you LEFT ME, AS WELL AS GREYKIT AND TREEKIT! YOU LEFT ME AND THE KITS TO STARVE!"

She's a monster. She didn't even ask me their names. Greykit and Treekit, I miss you. I never got to know you, but I miss you. I miss you ever so much. BIRCHBLAZE, YOU WILL DIE FOR WHAT YOU DID TO MY POOR KITS!

Violetbloom let out a blood-chilling scream and leapt on Birchblaze. She didn't defend herself. She watched him with round, sad amber eyes. He sliced her throat and her head thudded back onto the ground, her eyes going glassy.

Don't worry, little ones. I'll see you one day.

Scene two:

Birchblaze faced her former mate.

"You never loved me!" Violetbloom hissed.

I loved you. You don't know how much I loved you. It felt like a thousand painful deaths to leave you. I still love you. I know you don't love me, but I love you, Violetbloom. Birchblaze's mind flashed to the loner speaking to her. "You must leave for the safety of  your kits. Leave just after their birth" he'd said. Oh, I hope they're okay!

"I had to!" Birchblaze growled, feeling a burst of anger at Violetbloom. You don't understand...

"Oh really? Do you know they died? THEY DIED BECAUSE OF YOU! MY KITS ARE DEAD, ALL BECAUSE OF YOU!" Violetbloom yelled.

DEAD?!?!?!?!? MY DARLING KITS ARE... DEAD? They're... dead? No. No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no! This CANT be happening! My sweet kittens...

A tear rolled down her muzzle. "They're... dead?" She whispered.

Violetbloom nodded. "Yes. What did you expect? I'm a tom, I have no milk, I can't nurse them! You left us, a moon of travel away from any other cats! I left my Clan, I left my home, to be with you, and you LEFT ME, AS WELL AS GREYKIT AND TREEKIT! YOU LEFT ME AND THE KITS TO STARVE!"

Oh, StarClan, no! I-I didn't think of that... Oh, that loner will PAY! Eventually. I don't think I have the energy for revenge. I deserve to die for leaving my helpless little kits, just after they were born.

Violetbloom let out a screech and leapt on her.

I might as well let him kill me. My kits are dead. My mate doesn't love me. What do I have to live for?

Birchblaze watched her former mate with dull eyes as he raised his paw, unsheathing his claws.

I'll see you in StarClan, my kits.

Birchblaze felt a stab of pain in her throat, and then nothing. All was still. Her spirit rose from her body. A light brown she-cat lay on the ground, dead. That's me! She realised. A black tom stood sobbing above her. He's sad... Maybe he does love me after all? Then the tom raised his head. Birchblaze saw that Violetbloom's eyes were cold.