Chapter One - The Boys in The Rock Band

Spring Of 1979 - A Few Weeks Before "Heaven is Here" Tour.

When Mya and Tea got out of the car on that warm late spring morning and walked towards the doors of the company, they thought that it would be just another normal pre production meeting to finalize some decisions about the world tour that they would start in the summer.

The duo, who already had a few years of career, had already done three tours around the country and some international shows, mostly at festivals or special events and talk shows. They were used to being on the road, but this tour was different. It was their first world tour. They would go to three different countries. It seemed unbelievable that so many different people in so many different places could be interested in the music of two girls who grew up in Los Angeles, but there they were.

Tea, who had been born in England and moved several times before her parents finally settled in Los Angeles, had never imagined that life, not until she met Mya. She was the one who convinced her that music was worth giving up everything for, which was crazy but turned out to work out well in the end.

As soon as they entered the record company building, the girls went to Jihoon's room. Woozi, as he was known in the music world, was a short guy with feline expressions. Most people didn't take him very seriously when they first met him, which was a huge mistake, as he was extremely talented, and slightly aggressive towards those who made fun of his height. Woozi had worked with the top-notch bands. He had been working with Mya and Tea ever since they left the band they were in and became a duo. Woozi had produced all the girls' albums and was largely responsible for their success. And to the girls, he was much more than just a producer, Woozi was part of the family.

Tea knocked at Jihoon's door, but Minghao was the one opening the door. When the girls entered, they greeted Minghao and sat on the couch on the other side of the room while Jihoon finished a call, but it didn't take long before he went to greet them, carrying a folder that he placed on the table.

"Let's get down to business girls." He announced, after greeting them and asking his assistant to bring tea and drinks. "We have one more thing to discuss about the tour."

"I thought everything was already settled." Tea said, stirring her tea.

"Almost everything." Minghao pointed out "But there's one small detail that we have to discuss."

"Then why isn't DK here?" Tea asked. DK was their tour manager; he was the one settling everything when it came to hit the road.

"I thought it would be better to talk with the three of you and him separately." Jihoon explained.

Mya got up and headed towards the bar, sensing that something not very pleasant was about to be announced,

"I think I'll need a drink before you spit it out, Jihoon. "

She poured her drink then came back to her sit.

"What's the problem?"

"It's not a problem." He guaranteed. "The company just decided that it would be more practical, to have just one opening act for the whole tour instead of having an opening act for each city."

Tea directs him a suspicious look. They liked having a different band opening their shows in each city. It was a good opportunity to make new contacts and give opportunities to local bands. It was also great to avoid spending a lot of time with unknown people who could get in trouble along the way on such a long tour.

"So, you called us here to choose the opening band?"

"Not exactly." Jihoon commented, then looked at Minghao. They clearly talked about that before.