Chapter Two - Bad Liar

Spring Of 1979 - A Few Weeks Before The Lucky Ones Tour.

"So, the contract it's not for the whole tour?" Seungcheol asked. He was sitting across from his friend in the apartment living room. Jeonghan was sitting on the floor, Hoshi and Seungkwan were right beside him, while Cheol, Vernon and Wonwoo were on the couch, Mingyu was leaning by the sinking in the kitchen, listening from a far while he did the last night dishes, since someone had to do it and the others didn't look very fond of it.

Jeonghan nodded, sighing in disappointment.

"The contract only covers the US part of the tour." He explained "Woozi said we can renew the contract if the audience likes us," he added.

"That's easy, everyone will love us." Hoshi said confidently.

"I usually hate to agree with Hoshi, but this time I have to." Seungkwan commented, receiving an ugly stare from the blonde one.

"Don't be so confident, there's more." Jeonghan said, catching the contract from Cheol's hands. He found the clause he was looking for and read it out loud.

"What does it mean?" Hoshi asked.

"This means they can kick us out whenever they want If we don't behave." Wonwoo explained.

"Can they, do it?" Hoshi asked.

"Yes, they can, dumb ass. That's what this document is for." Jeonghan said, annoyed. "So unfortunately, if you want to go on a world tour, and sign with the label, you will have to behave during the US tour."

Seungkwan sighed.

"We are fucked." he murmured.

"C'mon, we can do it." Vernon said. "I mean... It's just a few months so we can have the life of our dreams."

"Vernon is right, it's a small effort in comparison to what we will gain." Cheol agreed. "But is an effort that all of us had to compromise to do."

"I'm in." Wonwoo said, putting his hand on the center of the table, with an encouraging smile.

Vernon smiled, then put his hand I've Wonwoo's. Cheol and Jeonghan did the same, then Seungkwan. Hoshi took a deep breath but did the same.

"Hey wait for me!" Mingyu who was finishing the dishes protested "You all can't have a moment like this without including me" he said, sulking while running to the living room.

His hands were still wet when he put them over Hoshi's hand.

"1,2,3 say the name" Cheol said.

"SEVENTEEN." They all screamed, raising their hands together.

"Okay then." Jeonghan said, getting serious very suddenly "Let's sign the deal."

******

"You spend too much time around here." Tea said, opening the studio door to found Joshua with his guitar working in something new. Even though they had just dropped a successful album and going on a tour to perform it, Joshua was already working in new songs. And Tea couldn't fight with him about it, since she was doing the exact same thing, but different from him, she preferred to work from home.

"Please, I know you are a workaholic too, you are just better at hiding it." He spoke. "I bet you already have a full album ready for the next comeback."

She didn't deny. Just came closer to him to analyze what was he working on.

"Well, that looks really good, but you know what else looks good?" She asked him.