0

Summer 2017

Summer 2017

"Fini I'm tired of this shit." Tay sighed as she looked at her best friend through hooded eyes. "I do everything she asks. I don't know why she hates me so bad. I don't know how much more I can take bro."

Taylour turned to her childhood friend, Infiniti as they set outside on the stoop watching the cars zoom down the street. She was fed up with her  grandmother beating on her and wanted a change. It has been happening since she started visiting her house at the tender age of 10. Infiniti has been her confidant since she could remember; she always reminded her that she was above whatever was happening at home. That pain didn't last forever.

"Ain't she like 70? She's old as hell, fuck her she gon die soon anyway." Infiniti inserted waving her hand in dismissal.

With that statement it was as if a light bulb went off in Taylour's head. She glanced at Fini with a wide smirk. "Your smart asshit Fini! I love you! I love you !!" Tay shouted grasping Fini into a tight embrace. Fini side eyed her wrecking her brain with what her best friend could possibly be talking about.

Not wanting to ruin the moment she chirped, "Um yeah..you know me" She awkwardly laughed. "But um whatchu talkin bout ?!?!"

Taylour placed both hands onto Infiniti's shoulders saying, "I'm going to end her suffering."

Infiniti paused, she stared at her best friend with an emotionless face before breaking out in a fit of laughter. "Girl yo ass always joking" She spoke in between giggles.

Taylour looked back at her friend with the same emotionless face Infiniti held. Infiniti gasped jumping to her feet. Fini realized that Taylour wasn't joking. She was being serious. She wanted to kill her grandmother.

"Wha-What?!" Infiniti stammered, as she began pacing in front of the stoop. "That is NOT what I meant." Fini hissed as her eyes darted around them.

Taylour rolled her eyes. She loved Infiniti but in her eyes Fini never saw the bigger picture; cut out the cancer from the root. "Well Fini what else am I suppose to do!? Huh?" Taylour spoke flaring her arms. "What else can I do? This will never end! Shit we 18 and she still be getting drunk swinging on me like I'm a bitch in the street! I'm Tired Fin! I'm tired." She whispered the last part feeling her eyes begin to swell.

Infiniti looked at Taylour with a softened face. She sighed deeply because she know that Tay was dealing with. Taylour's grandmother would constantly beat on her, which is how Fini & Tay became friends. Fini knew all too well of her bestfriends struggles so if that meant going against her morals to side with her friend, so be it. "I get what your saying Tay. I really do. You know I'm rockin with you through whatever." Fini shrugged, reassuring her friend with a small smile.

Taylour snapped her head in Infinit's direction in a state of shock. She couldn't believe her goody two shoes friend of 8 years was willing to help her. "Thank you Fini. Seriously I don't know what I'd do without a friend like you." Tay mumbled, scratching her neck.

"Lay down and die. That's all you could do." Fini chimed gazing at her friend as she let out a low chuckle.

"Ard well since you came up with this great scheme. What's our next move?"

•••