Chapter 3

Alice's POV:
12.07.2019
It's Friday woo-hoo. Today will be the first FP of the weekend and after a long sleepless night Mase and I are finally on the way to the track. Today we're like a little bit 'undercover' here so we can be a little more relaxed and won't stand in the big lights.

It's just the two of us with our big sunglasses heading out of my brother's car and on our way to the gates where we short scan our passes and get into the paddock. Of course, some paparazzi and film guys got us on the camera and shoot pictures from us, but we didn't care as long as they don't get on our nerves too much.

We investigated some garages and even came across some drivers who recognized us, or more Mason, and greeted us immediately. Funny was that we had, with the one and only Lewis Hamilton, a little talk about sports in England and stuff like that and I'm surprised how calmly he is even if he needs to get into a car, with more than 350 horsepower, in a little bit more than an hour. "You're not nervous?" blurted the question out of my mouth. "Nervous because of what?" Lewis questioned with a frowned look. "I mean you have to get into that car and I don't think its slow or something. So, are you not nervous something will happen when you drive with such a speed?" Why am I asking him these kinds of questions? He does this since he is three and also gets into the car almost every week he is probably good to be calmed. As I remember Lando told me something like *we are used to it* or in this direction. "No, I'm not nervous, I'm used to drive with this amount of speed." Is his answer to my question. See as I said as Lando is used to it every other must be too. I was right. Stupid question.

"Al, want to go to the papayas motorhome now?" Mase ask me with an nudge of his elbow in my side. My face turns in one second from a deep in thoughts face to a bride smile just from the imagination of being in Landos arms after this really boring months of missing him and not being able to laugh my ass off, because of his bad jokes. "What do you want in the McLaren garage?" came from Lewis. "Lando, I think you know him, is my best friend since childhood and we haven't seen each other in a while and yeah." I said as an reply. "Oh okay, then have fun and maybe we will see us around." He says as he already is on his way into the garage. "Bye" I just say with an little wave. He quickly waved back and Mase and I are already on our way to the bright orange garage.

I was jumping like a little kid on the way to the garage and than Mason was stopped by a woman with a microphone and also a cameraman behind her. Oh man I just want to see my bestie ughh. The woman was from one of this 'what tea is going around in the paddock' tv shows but I couldn't wait now. "Mason I'm going to the garage now." I said a little bit annoyed, we wanted to have once a little chill time... As he was already being interviewed he just gives me thumbs up and I immediately continue my way through the crowd.

There it is.

I think as I'm in front of what I've been looking for. I go to the entrance of the garage and a few people from the team even recognize me from all the times I've been here. I go further into the building.

And there he is.

The guy who is by my side for these many many years now. Lando is talking to one of his engineers and I'm just standing in the middle of the room grinning in the direction of the two like a little dumb kid. Finally he ends the talk with his engineer and turns around to do something else when his eyes light up and he just stands there looking at me with his mouth wide open as he also stares at me. It felt like hours had past by when Lando has finally connected everything in his little brain. "ALLLLLLLLIIIIIIIII" he screams as he comes running towards me with an surprised and more than happy face. I laugh at this sight but I can't say anything back as my feet are no longer touching the floor and I'm lifted up by Lando, who spins me around. He puts me back on the floor but we still remain in the hug and even I feel a little bit dizzy after that swung I enjoy this moment. Oh how I missed this feeling. The feeling of being save in the arms of the person that will never let me go...my best friend, the person I trust and love so fuking much.

We both let go of each other and we both have the biggest smile on our faces as Lando speaks up "Alice in Wonderland what the heck are you doing here?" I just chuckle a little bit "Oh actually I wanted to bungeejump here-no but seriously what do you think I'm doing here?" I ask a little bit sarcasticly. "Don't know maybe watching the race and supporting your bestes best friend?" Lando says and waits for my reaction. "Exactly you dumb ass I am here with the england team, the're actually coming on saturday, and today Mason and I are-" I'm cut off by Lan. "Mason's here as well, Yuhuuuuu the whole Mounts are with us today." This kid needs some medical help. I just roll my reyes with an smile as we both just burst out in laugher. I missed this little kid. "I missed you" I say out of my thoughts. Lando and I look at each other and he smiles at me. "You don't even know how much I missed you." Are Lando's words as he pulls me in another deep hug.

"Lando time to get in the car, FP1 is just about to start." We get interrupet by Will, Landos race engineer. "Time to shine, see you later Al. Wish me luck" "Of course I'll do and don't crash, otherwise you will have to buy me smth from McDonalds. Deal?" "Just because it's you. Deal" And that's how Lando and myself shook hands to "sign" our deal. As Lando is about to head to his drivers room he puts his McLaren cap on my head and is already gone. It's not that I don't already have a orange cap with the number 4 in my backpack, because he literally gives it to me EVERYTIME but I don't think that's something to be sad about. Now Mason can wear one for the race too.

"That's P14 Lando, P14" "Okay, copy" I could hear that Lando was disappointed with this result for the first practice of the weekend and I felt sorry. I know how much he always struggles with himself and that for him he is never really enough.

"I think today it's our quest to cheer him up after that result." Whispers Mason in my ear. "I just hope FP2 is a little bit better than FP1." He adds. "I think even it's better we need to cheer him up, maybe with ice cream, because I think P14 is not what he wanted." I say to Masons words. "True".

After FP1 Lando was immediately in his drivers room I wanted to speak with him but he just wanted to concentrate on FP2 now and just talked with his trainer and race engineer. I was a little bit sad but I knew how hard he was to himself and how he wanted to give his best and then also get the best. And P14 in the first practice, in also his home race, was not what the best meant to him. I thought 'it's just FP1 so just the beginning' but Lando is Lando. So no talk with Lando, but Mason and I made us a good time between the practices and got some food and looked a little bit around the paddock.

FP2 did not went better than FP1. P11 was everything Lando could get. We really tried to cheer him up and he even was a little happy the evening, I think he liked doing something with his friends he hasn't seen in literally AGES. Anyways, as I was laying in my bed I got a message which made me happy and with which I could finally sleep peacefully:

Lando
Thank you for this surprise today. I know I didn't had the best day, but you and Mason definitely turned the day to the good side.
Sleep well ❤️

Me
I loved to cheer you up and see you a little bit happier, so it was a pleasure for me to do that. Kisses ❤️

——————————————————————————————————————————————
So that's chapter 3 I hope you like it even if it isn't that exciting right now, but yeah it's not even close to the end so the beginning is like that I guess. Oh and sorry that nothing came in the last days. Xoxo