Chapter 4

Alice's POV:
13-07-2019
Another day of the race weekend and finally with the England squad. Mason and I are meeting the ones that come with us in front of the gates, which lead us into the paddock. I don't know if that's the best idea, but who cares, I'm not the ones with the millions of fan girls.

I look out of the window as we drive on the highway and get nearer and nearer the paddock. Without me noticing were already about to park to start our day."There it is" Masons voice pulls me out of my thoughts. He pulls into a free parking lot. I don't know why but as we get out of the car I have this weird feeling of seeing Lando again, being scared I could do something wrong that ruins his mood.

It wasn't hard to see where our meeting spot was as there already were screaming fans and Masons wonderful teammates signing autographs. As always.
After everything with the fans that's like routine to all of us we are now 10 Minutes later on our way to the RB home shattering happily together. I just listened with half of my ear as I searched the overcrowded f1 paddock for Lando, but he was no were to be seen so I just listened to Trent's very very interesting story about how he once got lost in the woods and thought he was never gonna get home again. I was happy when we arrived at the motorhome. The way felt like hours.

We were warmly welcomed from the whole team and also the drivers. I first gave Pierre Gasly, who I already knew a hug and we talked shortly how our lives are and then he went on to talk to the rest while another person entered the motorhome.

A certain, young, promising driving talent. Max Emilia Verstappen. I've never met him, but I was stunned. He had dark blonde hair, which was covered with a dark blue RedBull racing cap with the number 33 on it. He had his racing suit tied around his hips and his fire proof underwear was visible, which didn't look bad on him. Hey Alice stop that. But I couldn't his face was defined and his features were soft. I tried not to stare but when he smiled over at me my body tingled. I shook it off as he made his way to also greet me. I smiled awkwardly at him when he shook my hand, but luckily he started talking and made the situation less awkward. "Hi nice to meet you. You're..." "A-Alice, I'm Masons sister, nice to meet you too." I said as I pointed at my brother, in case he didn't know who Mason was. He scratch the back of his neck and excused him when he was called to get ready. "See you around then." He said and I just wished him "Good luck for today." He nodded and gave me a smile as he left to his drivers room leaving me with a weird feeling of happiness? in my stomach. I ignored the feeling, continued my walk around and talked with some team members as I found myself a little while later watching the guys doing some simulator rounds a few minutes before the third free practice of the weekend.
I remember Lando and wrote him a quick message saying:
Hey Lan, haven't seen you today. I hope your alright and good luck. C u.

"Wanna get a pair of headphones and watch FP3 with me?" My Brother asks after he's done driving against Phil Foden. "Yeah of course" I say, already half on the way. I check my phone seeing a message from Lando:
Sorry been busy all morning, wanna come to my garage before quali? Already missing you 😂. Oh and thanks I'm gonna give my best.
I smile at the message and just send a Of course before putting my phone away.
Mason already followed me and we both get a pair of headphones by one of the engineers.

"Prediction of the first three?" "I don't know, maybe Hamilton 1, Leclerc 2 and Bottas 3." "Yeah something like that." Mason and I search a place to sit or stand where we could see everything while predicting the results of FP3.

~

"And that was an enormous lap from Charles Leclerc in the red Ferrari taking P1." I hear through my headphones while watching Max Verstappen taking P5 with his time and Lando...P8. What? I was really happy for Lando having a better result than yesterday, but also for Max taking P5.

As Max pulls into the garage Mason is already somewhere else giving interviews while I give Max an approving smile and a thumbs up for his performance, which he returns. This smile. I don't stay long in the RB garage after the practice and head to McLarens already.

I hurry a little bit so Lando and I can spent some more time without stress, but on my way I suddenly had a stinging feeling in my chest and I needed to stop my run to catch my breath. I don't think much about it, take 3 deep breath and continue my way.

~

Quali just started and I stayed in the McLaren garage. I didn't need to be at RedBulls and was more comfortable here anyways so I'll just watch it from here. I had a nice talk with Lando and we could talk about yesterday again and laughed about it today luckily. I also texted Mason I wouldn't watch it with him and it was okay for him so yeah now just crossing fingers Lando gets a good result and also Max...

"And that's the qualifying for the Silverstone Grand Prix with Bottas taking pole, followed by Hamilton and Leclerc on P2 and3." With that quali ends and Lando is on P8 same as in Free Practice. Max drove the fourth fastest time. Not bad for both.

~

After the day today Mason and I are back in our hotel. We watched a film before heading to bed to let the day suck in and talk not paying that much attention to the tv. Excited for tomorrow's race we both go to sleep. My mind spinning back to a certain blonde stopping me from drifting off to sleep completely. I fell asleep anyways a little while later.

———————————————————————

Wasn't in the mood to write this story in the past months, sorry🥴.  I hope you like this chapter anyways 😂.