Onward to Freedom

I woke up to hear Rani crying from outside the huts, and Uncle Joshua hugging her. I got my pastel yellow robe on to see what was going on, with my moms following me.

"Rani?" I asked, worried.

"Something might have happened last night, darling." Mama Bridget explained softly.

"They're gone! All of the firstborn in Egypt are gone, including Pharaoh's son!" Rani sobbed, revealing what happened.

"No...!" I exclaimed sadly.

"I'm afraid it's true, honey." Mom said sadly. "The angel of death took them all...including Rameses' son."

"Oh, no...! Ohh, that must have been really hard for Moses." Uncle Joshua said sadly.

"They had it coming. It's his own fault that his people suffered!" Krishna said angrily. Apparently, she overheard what had happened.

"Krishna!" Uncle Victor chided.

"Now's not the time to gloat, tiger. You have to remember that Moses was once their prince, and he cared deeply." Uncle Joshua gently reminded.

"Sorry." Krishna apologized, humbled.

"So, did he make a decision?" Jamie asked. Krishna and I ambled up to her.

"He said we can go. The last plague really did a number on the Egyptian side." Rani explained.

"That's just awful!" I said, sadly.

Miriam came out showing compassion, love and pity.

Many nights we've prayed
With no proof anyone could hear
In our hearts a hopeful song
We barely understood. Miriam sang to all whom were waking up to a new dawn.

Sweeney was waking up along with Lucy and Mrs. Lovett.

"Eh?" Sweeney yawned.

"Oooh! Looks like Rani's back!" Mrs. Lovett pointed out.

"Moses with 'er?" Sweeney asked.

"Mm-hmm." Mrs. Lovett nodded.

"The last plague did a number on the Egyptians, including the Pharaoh's son." I explained.

"He with no pity in his heart..." Lucy murmured sadly.

"Blimey...none of them deserved that..." Sweeney said sadly.

"It would be the Pharaoh's own mistake." Mrs. Lovett said.

"True. Rani said that the Pharaoh finally gave in. So we can go now." I informed.

"So they're free?" Sweeney asked in hope.

I nodded affirmatively.

Now we are not afraid
Although we know there's much to fear
We were moving mountains long before we knew we couldThere can be miracles when you believe

Though hope is frail
It's hard to kill
Who knows what miracle you can achieve
When you believe somehow you will
You will when you believe. Miriam came back to Moses whom was then breaking through the fog of sadness.

In this time of fear
When prayers so often proved in vain
Hope seemed the summer birds
To swiftly flown away
Yet now I'm standing here. Tzipporah reflected on all that has happened since returning to Egypt.

Now I'm standing here...Miriam was now smiling.

With heart so full I can't explain. Tzipporah smiled now.