Chapter 1 Dreams Do Come True

****THIS STORY IS ONLY AVAILABLE AND COMPLETED ON GOOD NOVEL***

"Tonight, we are happy to announce the engagement of my son Justin Del Castillo to the daughter of our dear family friend, Alice Campo"

Standing at the door, unnoticed, I watch the announcement made by Arnold Del Castillo, Justin's father. And I could clearly see how Alice's face lit up with happiness.

"We are also excited to announce that Alice bears the heir of the Del Castillo family. It's about time the two families unite not only in business but in blood as one family" Simone, Justin's mother added with a wide smile.

Defeaning applause rang in my ears as guests celebrate the momentous event. But everything came in a blur as the noise numb my senses and blurred my vision.

There goes the man who promised to wait for me. Now all smiling as he receives well wishes for his engagement to my stepsister. A woman who has stolen not only my father's affection but also of the people whom I thought cared for me.

"Oops...sorry"  I sloppily grin and apologize to the waiter when I accidentally knocked a few glasses of champagne he was carrying.

"It's fine Miss Abigail" he managed to anxiously smile while trying to salvage the rest of the glasses.

"Abby, enough. You're drunk" I heard Dad from behind me but I ignores him.

"What do you think you're doing?" he dashed to my side and whisper. His face shows his irritation though he is trying to be discreet.

"I'm enjoying, Dad" with a chuckle, I reply. But I only got an unamused look from him.

"This is a celebration, right? Alice and Justin's engagement" I added with a lopsided grin.

Yes, I'm already tipsy, had two glasses earlier, but not too drunk not to know what I'm doing. I'm trying to have fun while enduring their betrayal.

"Abby, don't make a scene. Not this time. Everyone is watching you. You will ruin everything" With a stern tone, he mutters with gritted teeth. A warning for me, I know. But I don't care.

"Why? I'm not doing anything. I'm enjoying my boyfriend's engagement with my step-sister. What's wrong with that?" Chuckling, I retorted.

I heard him heave a sigh while I sip my drink. I am aware of everyone's eyes on me. But the hell I care. Nobody cares that I'm hurting, so why would I?

"You've just returned but all you did is embarrass our family" he angrily whispers, trying not to cause attention. His attempt almost got me bursting out laughing.

"Isn't the fact that Alice is pregnant with my boyfriend's child already a scandal? Everyone knows I and Justin are together" I sweetly smile, a frail facade to remind him of the predicament we are in.

I even let him peek at the pain I'm enduring for a month after knowing my stepsister's betrayal. Hoping he would at least understand what I'm feeling right now.

"You went abroad leaving all the responsibilities of the company. Alice has been a great help to Justin" he fervently argued.

"But it's not enough reason to deceive me" I sharply retorted while staring into his eyes.

"And I've been honest since the start, Dad. I was never interested in the family business" I added in my defense.

"Yes, since you just want is to enjoy spending the money that the company, which you are not interested to run, earns" A snide curve on his lips shows his displeasure.

Staring at his spiteful eyes, I cannot think of any comeback to what he said. Yes, he is right. A regular amount is deposited in my account every month as my share of the income of the company. But it's my birthright. My inheritance from my mother.