Chapter 2 The Heiress Choice

****THIS STORY IS ONLY AVAILABLE AND COMPLETED ON GOOD NOVEL***

"I'm a waiter, Madame. I'm here to take all the empty glasses" The man politely responds. Contrary to his calmness earlier, he looks awkward at the moment.

"A waiter?"

"Hahaha"

"What a shame"

"A waiter? Hahaha"

Abigail could hear the hushed laughter around while her gaze is still plastered on the man's calm one. His orbs seem to bewitch her.

"Well, you have a nice pick. A waiter?" sounding amused, Karen interjected. Another subtle scoff and laughter buzzed.

Despite not looking around, Abigail could sense the amused mockery aimed at her. Especially those who are close to the Del Castillo family and Alice's friends.

"Stop this nonsense, Abigail" her father mutters with a clenched jaw.

"For once, act maturely. Enough disgracing our family" he added with contained anger. Still trying to act cool in front of guests.

"Abby has been desperately stealing the attention of my guests, Dad. Tonight is supposed to be our celebration but with what Abby was doing, she's ruining this night" Alice, sporting a fake hurt expression, speaks after getting close to them.

After slightly grasping what her father and Alice said, she turn to look at them. She almost forgot where she was if not for the sour face of her dad and a venomous smirk from Alice. They reminded her of their current predicament.

"Why, Dad? Am I not allowed to choose my date for tonight?" she calmly asks despite her rising irritation.

"Should it be a waiter? Can't you choose a decent man? We have a lot of acquaintances here. Pick one of them" he snaps while gritting his teeth.

Hearing his rants, her eyes darted to the man in time to see how his face hardened for a fleeting moment. It's so fleeting she could have missed it.

"And we are talking about decency now. I was deceived by a company President and my family. So tell me, who's decent?" she retorted, mockery lacing her voice.

"Abigail" another warning from her father.

Alice looked away while Justin who had also moved closer to the commotion, awkwardly clears his throat. And like Alice, he avoided looking at anyone. Even his family was disconcerted. Especially when guests started to be curious, some are coming closer.

"I stick to a promise coming from your so-called decent man, believing its truthfulness. But then, we are in this predicament" She smiles while taking her time looking at everyone. Some meet her gaze but Justin and Alice together with their families avoided her.

"And, I don't need a wealthy man. I don't need any man's money or resort to different schemes just to be wealthy. I have enough millions" She sweetly smiles as she fixes her eyes on Alice before casting a malicious look at her stepmother. She almost laughed out loud upon seeing the two women's sour faces.

"Enough, Abigail!" forgetting his calm facade, her father angrily snap at her.

"Then, spare me with all your hypocrisy" coldly, she mutters while unwrapping herself from the man, but not letting him go. She takes hold of his arm, before facing everyone.

"Let's enjoy this night. This is supposed to be a celebration" With an immensely charming smile, she chirpily announces. Contrary to her mood earlier, she looked ecstatic while her father and the rest of their family all looks unamused.