Chapter 3 Something Wonderful

****THIS STORY IS ONLY AVAILABLE AND COMPLETED ON GOOD NOVEL***

After leaving the engagement party with the handsome waiter, with him in tow, I went straight inside one of the private lounges of the hotel.

The moment we're inside, I shamelessly wrap my arms around his narrow waist like I've known him for a long time. I don't know where my courage came from but it feels right. And I'm grateful that he stood still, letting me rest on his chest.

It's been a while I'm basking in the silence of the room when I heard him heave a sigh.

"I need to get back to work, Madame" While pressed against his firm and warm body, his somehow soft baritone voice fills my ears.

After the charade, I threw at the party, I felt so exhausted. But I found comfort in listening to the steady and strong beat of his heart. I'm so comfortable that I almost drifted to sleep. But his careful movement woke me.

"Please, stay" I whisper. Too weak that even I can't hear my own voice.

"I'm... exhausted" For the first time, I confided to a stranger like he has been with me for years.

I tighten my hold around his waist, afraid to let him go. Not wanting to leave his warmth. And thankfully he stayed still. His arms are hung at the side, seeming to have no plans to comfort me. But I don't mind, I just want him to be here with me.

I don't know what got into me but I suddenly felt vulnerable. I felt like crying but my tears are too stubborn to fall. The night has been eventful and it drained all my strength. Everything was overwhelming despite the feistiness I showed earlier at the party.

But having the waiter with me surprisingly calms my tense nerves. He was like a tranquilizer for my soul. Why? I don't want to ponder at the moment.

The physical and emotional exhaustion I'm enduring is gradually claiming my resilience. I can no longer pretend to be strong. I felt so alone against the betrayal of my own father and the man I once loved.

"Please, don't leave. I don't want to be alone" softly, I begged.

"I'm tired. I just want to rest. Please...be with me for a moment" Not expecting any response, I continue. My voice quivered as it turns a little shaky.

I'm utterly independent. The entire time I was abroad, no family visits me. I fought my battles alone. I never mind having no one.

But tonight, I felt like I need someone to be by my side. Someone who will stay with me while I rest my soul. Someone like the man I'm hugging. His presence makes me feel safe and calm.

"Huh...?"

I almost squeal when I was suddenly hauled from my feet. It happened so fast that before I realized what was happening, I was securely fastened in his arms.

"What...?" gaping, I tried to speak but he gently tucked my head in his neck. Whatever words I'm supposed to say were trapped in my throat after I succumbed to the masculine smell of his skin.

"Hmmm..." Uncaring of what he will think, I snuggle closer to fill my lungs with his masculine scent. He smells so expensive for a waiter. Unless he has huge tips all the time.

Whatever perfume he was wearing, I believe it was something uncommon. However, despite how hard I try to name what brand it is, I seem to be nowhere close. It has a familiar whiff that I don't think a mere waiter has the capability to own. Or I might be too muddled to have mistaken it for something. There's no way he could afford such luxury.

With all thoughts filling my head, I didn't notice he has already brought me to the couch. And like I weigh nothing, he effortlessly took a sit. It was strange but it feels great being in his arms.