episode 3

🏳️— setting out to sea

the sea itself can be a mesmerizing sight, with its ever-changing hues of blue and green, stretching as far as the eye can see. Sunlight dances upon the surface, creating a shimmering pathway that leads to uncharted territories. Seabirds soar overhead, their graceful wings gliding effortlessly as they search for their next meal.

hours had gone by and there were no signs of an island, Luffy and Y/n were clueless about what to do first setting out. but one thing's for sure, luffy was starting to feel a faint sense of hunger. experiencing a gentle rumbling or a subtle emptiness in your stomach. It is not an overwhelming sensation but rather a nagging reminder that it's time to refuel. luffy felt a slight discomfort, a sense of hollowness, or a soft pang that draws your attention to the sensation.

" y/n I'm hungry " he groans but fortunately you bought an average quantity of food enough for a few days, at least for yourself. with luffy, this amount would likely just be enough for a day. You gave a sandwich to luffy.

Whilst eating, an island was finally located. the closer you got the more visible the island was, located in the middle of the island was a marine headquarters. As you got to shore you anchored your boat and began exploring the island, you and luffy made a few stops in the market to buy necessary for your upcoming travels.

eventually, both of you were hit with boredom. so, both of you decided to check out the headquarters since it was the main part of the island, of course, you had to sneak in; as the both of you didn't have access to directly enter. you and Luffy climbed up fences that led to an open area, he helped you by putting his arms around your waist to guide you whilst climbing, his contact slightly flustered you.

what you saw on the other side was unanticipated, it was an injured green-haired man tied up. he looked like he hadn't eaten in days, and he was deemed to be unconscious or dead. this man piqued their interests as they got closer, it was eccentric for a man to be tied up in such an open area y/n thought. 

y/n sighs "marines must be so dense if they left him here"— you must be hungry" offering the man onigiri that you packed.

"i don't need your help " ungrateful ass you thought " are you roronoa zoro? the bounty hunter that uses a three-sword style? " luffy instantly lit up " woah! three swords? how do you hold the third one? " his eyes full of anticipation 

"i use my mouth "— with each question luffy had asked, the admiration intensified, and a soft glow seemed to emanate from within him. His enthusiasm and reverence were palpable, permeating the air around him like a gentle, warm breeze. It was as if his entire being was lit up from within, basking in the euphoria of admiration in luffy's expression.

this was going to be a long day

"oh and by the way, i'm monkey d. luffy! one day i'll be king of the pirates! " the swordsman scoffed "i'm guessing you already know my name, roronoa zoro. "

"zoro, join my crew! " you were taken aback by luffy's question " luffy, are you crazy?! you're inviting a stranger to our crew?" zoro replied "as if i'd want to anyways " rolling his eyes.

"ehh, why not? " luffy started whining at this point, " because i'm a bounty hunter, and i want to be the greatest swordsman one day" this caught your attention greatest swordsman, huh? I guess we share the same interests 

roronoa zoro piqued your interests, i guess i wouldn't mind him being in our crew. but i'll have to get to know him more. suddenly, an idea suddenly appeared out of mind.

"oi, roronoa— I'm assuming that your swords were took away by the marines? " kyashi stated " yeah, why is that any of your concern? "

"well, lets make a deal.. "