Chapter 1: A One-sided Reunion

People would always say that memories are very important to us.

They serve as a part of our journey in our lives.

Memories makes us remember significant parts of our lives.

Joy and sadness.....

Either of the two.....

Memories help us recollect and grow upon them to become a better person.

Memories will be much special if it involves the people closest to us like our family and friends.

Now.....

What if just one day, you lose all of these memories?

You can lose memories to a certain extent and to from a variety of ways.

One may lose their memories of their childhood due to it being a long time ago, or may lose a majority of your memories through a head or brain injury.

Now, there is a question I'd like to ask......

"What will you do if you're suffering from a chronic amnesia?"

Amnesia only happens once, that is what everyone knows. But what if it happens chronically.....let's say.....

Every week?

You may think it's Alzheimer's Disease? But it usually occurs during old age and the memory loss is gradual.

Now.....

Losing one's memories is too painful for the one who is suffering from it and to the people closest to them.

Imagine this....

Let's say you just hung out with your friend. You two are having fun, creating new memories together....

Then....the next week....you greeted your friend....and you were met by this response.....

"Um, sorry but....who are you?"

You might think that your friend is just joking, right?

You attempted to let it slide and tell your friend to stop joking......

Yet at that moment, you really felt something is off.......

You gradually begin to realize that your friend is not beating around the bush.

They don't know you.

The moment you greeted that friend....

No, the week after you two just hung out together.....

To your friend....you're a complete stranger.

You start to overthink as to how and why did that suddenly happened.