Chapter 2: Long-lost Friend

3rd POV. Asahiyama High School.

Fuutarou Uesugi, 17 years old, a second-year high school student.

He is the top scorer of the 2nd years, yet despite that reputation, he doesn't have that many friends.

Or rather, he doesn't have any.

It is because to Fuutarou, it is just a waste of time.

However.....

One day.....he met two people.

First was Itsuki, and their first meeting didn't go well as Fuutarou called Itsuki fat.

Not to mention, he got information from his little sister, Raiha, that their father got Fuutarou a job.

That job is becoming a tutor to a rich family......

And Fuutarou had the sudden revelation that Itsuki was the one who he is supposed to tutor.

When he found out that Itsuki was in his class and his client, he tried to get along, only to be met with a cold shoulder.

The second person that he met.....

Is someone he never expected to see after a very long time.

The moment he saw the boy's signature brown hair and deep brown eyes.....

He was shocked....

He had his doubts at first but when he revealed his name.....Fuutarou's doubts were cleared.

Tanaka Aoto, his classmate and best friend ever since primary school. He never expected to see him ever since what happened five years ago.

However, when Fuutarou stood up to confirm Aoto's identity....

Aoto didn't know Fuutarou.

Fuutarou was even more shocked......yet he immediately knew something is wrong with Aoto.

And now.....

After classes......

He has a lot on his mind.

How to apologize to Itsuki as it could risk him his job.....

And Aoto himself.

Fuutarou: What is going on with Aoto?

Fuutarou: What happened to him? Five years......just what happened to him during those years?

As Fuutarou was walking along the corridors of the school.....he saw another familiar figure.

A girl with short dark brown hair and deep brown eyes.

Fuutarou: Wait......

Fuutarou: Kocho!?

The girl who is named Kocho, turns around to see Fuutarou.