10

Seokjin's pov:

'I was right. He must be a wandering swordsman or mercenary. Judging by his simple clothes and lack of belongings, he was probably kicked out because he couldn't pay. I guess he came here because he has nowhere else to go but why today of all days.'

Now that I thought about it, he didn't receive an official welcome when he visited my father a few days ago. The servants didn't attend to him either, so he probably wasn't an official guest.

'That's probably why he didn't come through the front door but through my window instead.'

I sighed and felt displeased by my father's absence at a time like this. 'I guess it can't be helped.'

I wasn't a nice person by nature, I wasn't so cold-hearted as to ignore someone who didn't have a home to go back to. After renting so many one-bedroom apartments in my past life, I knew how sad it was to not have a permanent home. I looked at him pitifully.

"If you don't have a place to go tonight, you can stay in my room for a while."

"What?" He stared at me with wide eyes. His expression made me feel a little proud of myself.

"You don't have to thank me. Just pay me back when you become successful in the future."

He continued to stare at me with confusion. I guess this was expected because not many people would show this degree of kindness.

"I'm going to go back to sleep." I said, content that the situation was sorted out. "You should go to sleep too, okay?"

I laid back down but suddenly felt a gush of cold air through the open window.

"Hey, could you close the window?" I asked him.

"Why should I?" He responded, arrogantly and looked down at me with folded arms.

'What did my father even teach him? Obviously not manners.'

I sat up on my bed again, I noticed his thin clothes. 'He's troublesome but it can't be helped.'  I closed the window and brought a blanket over to him. He was still standing with an arrogant posture.

"It gets cold because we're in-between seasons." I reminded him.

He stared at me without accepting the blanket.

'Seriously? He can't even do this on his own.'

I felt like I was caring for a pet. I wanted to say something but I didn't even have the energy to argue with him anymore. I stepped closer to him and placed the blanket over his shoulders. His red eyes stared at me as if to ask me what I was doing but I didn't have the energy to explain myself.

"Good night." I immediately fell asleep after saying those words.

Jungkook's pov:

'He really fell asleep.'  I furrowed my eyebrows and gazed at him in front of me. 'What kind of person is he?'

I had met many people in my life but no one had treated me like this. They either trembled in fear or tried to hide their fear. Their fear was the only thing they shared in common. However, my master's son wasn't like either of those things. I recalled the first time we met.

"Hey, can you hear me?" I poked his shoulder with my sword.

He was relaxed the whole time we talked and had even fallen asleep in front of me. Not even my strong master had shown such a defenseless state towards me. I had no choice but to marvel at him.