Home Time Please

The next day at school, I chose to wear another summer dress. It hid the tattoo well, so that was the option. 

As I walked through the school gates, I felt a tug on my single plait, I quickly turned to see Kieran smiling at. 

"Hey beautiful" He whispers, tucking the two bangs on either side of my face behind my ears. "How are you today?" 

"Yeah, I'm good, how about you?" I say, smiling up at him, my heart pounding at the nickname. 

"I'm good, I was wondering about something." He whispers. 

"And what's that?" I ask. 

"You and me, a date? After school? It's a surprise." He whispers. 

"I'm sorry, I'm grounded and have to be home by four o'clock. I'm so sorry." I tell him, guilty.

"Why are you grounded?" He asks gently, holding my arm in his for some reason.

"Missed my curfew yesterday, but it is okay, it's only a week. We can go next week?" I say ever so gently back to him. 

"When is your curfew?" He asks, softly. 

"Well, it was eleven, now it is ten thirty. It's okay." I tell him. "We better get to tutor" 

"I'm sorry, I didn't know you had a curfew" He rests his hand on my back and we begin the walk into school. 

"No, don't worry. I could always ask if you could come round to mine, we can say we doing homework or something." I offer. "But, I would have to ask." 

"That sounds lovely, and I'd love to, as long as your parents allow it." 

"It's more my over-protective brothers to be honest" I sigh. "My oldest brother, Jadon, is being very hard on me at the moment, so I will ask and see." 

"Are your parents not around much?" He asks, moving his hand slightly, so the fact his hand grazes my hand with his. 

"Well, I'm-" I pause and think for a moment. "It's quite a sensitive subject" I mumble, as we near the doorway to our tutor door. 

"That's okay, we don't have to talk about it. But, if you ever want to, I'm here to listen." He rubs my back for a couple of seconds. 

"Thanks, we better go in before we get a detention." I mumble, walking through the door. Trying to forget about the pain in my stomach.

By the lunch bell, my stomach cramps had increased in pain level. I was sitting with my friends in one of the sofas. 

Kay was stroking my hair as I had my head on her shoulder. 

The others were busy, either doing homework or on their phones. 

"Hey" Kay whispers. "Kieran is coming." 

"Oh" 

"Av, what's wrong?" He stresses, crouching down by me. I just close my eyes, a headache forming. 

"Can I tell him?" Kay whispers to me, in which I nod gently, not opening my eyes. "Aven has endometritis, I don't know if you know what that is but-" 

"I know what it is, my younger sister who is fourteen has that. I know" Kieran puts his hand on my cheek, making me open my eyes. "Do you want me to take you home?" 

"I might call my brother" I whisper, grabbing my phone from the front of my school bag. I press a few times on the screen until Jadon's name appears at the top of my screen. "Jadon" I mumble. 

"Hey Av, what's wrong?" 

"Can you come and pick me up?" I cry, trying not to make too much sound. Kieran places his hand on my arm. 

"Oh Av, is it your period?" In which I painfully answer yes. "Okay, Avey, get to the reception, I'll be there as soon as I can, alright?" He says, using another nickname for me. 

"Okay" I mumble, ending the call. "Jadon is coming" I say, sitting up with Kay's help. 

"We'll take you to reception" Kieran says, grabbing my arm gently, helping me stand. 

Both Kay and Kieran help me to reception in which they help me into one of the chairs. Kay talks to the women at the desk about what is going on and soon Jadon is coming through the doors, coming straight to me, kissing my head and giving me my water bottle that he had brought with him. 

Kieran stands up and holds out his hand to Jadon. 

"I'm Kieran, Aven's friend. It's nice to meet you." Jadon takes hold of Kieran's hand, shaking it. 

"Jadon, oldest brother. It is nice to meet you as well" He replies. 

Kay comes back over. "Av's all signed out, just needs you're signature" He tells Jadon. 

Jadon goes over to the desk and sighs the paper, coming back to me. 

"Jadon, can Kieran come over to study later?" 

"Av, I don't know, you might not feel good and I can't spring that upon mum and dad, maybe another day okay?" He tells me, helping me stand, and taking my bag. 

"Okay" I mumble, I say sorry to Kieran and he gives me a hug, so does Kay. 

Home time. 

Author's Note: 

:(

Posted: 7.6.23