Is This The End?

A week later, my pain was finally over, and I was finally un-grounded. 

Tonight was Catherine's night out, and she had simply chosen a meal out at an Italian restaurant. And much to my luck, Kay added Kieran to our night-out/day-out group chat. 

We had a separate group chat to discuss our plans. 

Kieran was picking me up tonight - well his older sister was. 

I sprayed myself with more perfume and grabbed my bag as I heard a knock and a quiet interaction at the door. Followed by Jadon, shouting my name. 

I ran down the stairs, my bag on my shoulder. 

"Hey," I say, standing by the door with my oldest brother. 

"Right, call me if you need anything, and remember curfew. I'll be waiting for you" Jadon says, giving me a hug and patting my back. 

"Yes sir" I say, mockingly, looking to Kieran with a sly smile. "Jadon" I whisper into his ear softly as I hug him tight. "I love you, thanks for looking out for me this week, you're so helpful when it comes to that, and well everything else" 

"You're welcome, my little terror" He laughs, kissing the top of my head.

Jadon has called me 'his little terror' for as long as I can remember. 

"See you later" We exchange goodbyes as myself and Kieran walk to his sister's car. 

Kieran opens the door for me and I slid in to the backseat, placing my bag on the floor of the car. 

"Hi, I'm Aven. Thank you for picking me up." I say, as the girl in the driver's seat turns around to look at me. 

"Hi Aven, I'm Harriet. I'm Kieran's oldest sister, I've heard so much about you. This is our mother, Anne" She mentions to the older women sat in the passengers seat. 

"Hi darling, we've heard so much about you! I had to come and meet you, and plus, I can't say no to a drive, when we'll end up going out too." Anne says sweetly. 

"It's nice to meet you both as well." I say, almost shyly, I had no idea that I was going to be meeting Kieran's mother tonight. He didn't warn me. 

I glanced over to Kieran to see him looking out the window, avoiding my gaze. 

Throughout the fifteen minute car journey, Anne and Harriet asked me so many questions, and for some of them I didn't know what to say. Most of the questions were about my family and was a very hard subject. 

I think that Kieran saw my teary eyes and changed the subject before his mum and sister could see. 

When we arrive at the restaurant, I see all of my friends already there, waiting for myself and Kieran. 

I thank the lovely ladies and jump out of the car, joining Kieran on the pavement. 

I greet all of my friends with hugs, and they say hi to Kieran. 

We have a lovely dinner together, talking about everything and anything. 

Towards the end, I get a phone call, I quickly excuse myself and leave the table, going to stand outside the restaurant to take the call privately. 

"Jadon? Is everything okay? You never ring me when I'm out with my friends, you usually text." I point out the norm. 

"Hey Av, I'm so sorry, but I'm on my way to get you. Mum had a seizure, it's not looking okay" I could hear him sniffle. 

"What?" I say, putting my hand flat against a brick wall to keep myself stable. "Is she at the hospital?" 

"Yes, Landon took Hayley and I'm coming to get you. Dad went with her, he wants us to all be together at the moment okay? I'm sorry to ruin your evening, but we need to be there for our family." He tells me in a soft voice. 

"Okay, I'll go say goodbye to my friends. See you soon." I end the call quickly, before he can say anything else. The tears fall out of my eye sockets so fast that I can't control it. I sink to the floor in pain. 

"Aven?" Kieran's voice calls out for me. I lift my head from my knees and look at him. "Hey, what's going on?" He crouches in front of me, placing his hand on the side of my head. 

"My brother is coming to get me" I sob.

"Honey" He whispers, bringing me into his arms. "Shh" 

"I don't feel good" I mumble, clutching onto him as tight as I could. 

"I'm here" He kisses my head, and we go silent until I hear Jadon's voice. 

"Aven" He whispers, helping me to stand, wiping my tears gently. "Come on, we need to go to the hospital now." 

I sob louder, not even looking to Kieran, who is properly very confused and curious. 

Author's Note: 

sorryyy, it's been a while :(

Posted: 10/7/23