4.) Clint in dad mode

Peter was staying at the tower for a week! Peter was so excited! It was two days into his stay and he woke up with a headache and a scratchy throat. He went through the day helping Tony and Bruce with projects and learning more combat moves. Peter didn't want to tell anyone he was feeling ill but he figured they would find out. He weighed the idea of letting them find out but he also figured someone could help his headache. He found Bruce in his lab working. He didnt want to bother him so he went to find Tony.. he was also working. By the colorful language he was saying, he was pretty frustrated. Friday had alerted him that he had a slight fever. He asked Friday,
"Hey FRIDAY? Who is available to talk to?"
"Mr.clint is in his room, would you like him to come find you?"
"I'll go to him. Thanks." With that Peter headed up to Clint's room. Clint was "reading" more like sleeping.
"H..hey clint? You awake buddy?" Asked Peter somewhat quietly.
"Wh..a.. oh h..hey Pete, sorry, just resting my eyes.. need something?" Asked Clint as he rubbed his eyes as he swung his feet over his bed.
"Y..ya.. um.. I think I've got a cold.. or the flu.. I didn't want to bother Bruce or Tony.. and everyone else is busy.."
"Ok.. first, what's bothering you? Second, if your feeling sick or hurt, don't worry about bothering one of us.. we are here as a team. A teammate isn't too busy to help you, as long as we aren't swarmed by a bunch of aliens." Clint told him.
"Ya, I figured.. it's not bad or anything but my head, and my stomach and my throat is scratchy." Peter replied.
"Ya..I think it's the flu. Have you vomited? FRIDAY what's his temperature?" Asked Clint.
"No."
"His temp is 101. Shall I seek assistance?" Asked FRIDAY.
"No thanks, it's a low grade. Alright, first we need to get you to bed. Second a cool washcloth and third meds and rest." Clint grabbed peter by the shoulder and walked him to his room and waited for him to
Change. Peter came out with his pjs on and climbed into bed. Clint went and grabbed a cold wash cloth for his forehead. Then handed him some pills.
"This is extra strength Tylenol, it should help lower your fever. You rest. If you need anything just ask FRIDAY to alert me." Clint told him. He left and went to the kitchen to start making some soup for Peter. Steve walked in and saw Clint making soup.
"What kind of soup are you making?" Asked Steve.
"Chicken Noodle." Clint replied.
"Who's sick?" Steve Asked.
"Why does anyone have to be sick to
Have Chicken Noodle soup for lunch?" Clint questioned. He wanted to help Peter by not giving a bunch of avengers crowding him.
"..for one, you told us a week ago that you don't like chicken noodle that well, second, that is what people who are sick eat.. what is going on clint? Are you sick?" Asked Steve, he reached a hand out to the archers head to feel for a fever but Clint swatted it off.
"No, I'm not sick.. look.. he doesn't want anyone to know that he's under the weather, I'm trying to help him."
"Who Clint?" Asked Steve.
"Peter."
"Peter? He's sick? Why didn't he tell anyone?" Steve Asked.
"He did, he came and found me. You and the others were busy."
"Clint, Peter is requesting your assistance." FRIDAY Called.
"I'm on my way, Steve, please stay quiet about this, it's minor, I don't want to make him upset." Clint replied then walked off with the soup.
Clint found peter crying slightly, laying on his side.
"Hey Peter, what's wrong?" Clint Asked as he hurriedly placed the soup on the table near Peter and hurried to his side.
"D..don't feel so good." Peter whined."
"Can you tell me what your feeling?"
"Like I'm gonna throw up."
"Alright, so what I'm going to do is help you in to a position that may ease your stomach. Then I'll find a medicine that your metabolism will tolerate, put your knees half way to your chest. Stay on your side. I'm going to move this trash by your head on the floor so if you become sick aim for that. Don't worry if you get it on something, just try to aim for the can. Do you think you will be ok? I need to go get things."
"..d..don't be long."
"I just have to get a few things. I'll be back quickly. Do you want me to call in Tony?"
"H..he's busy."
"FRIDAY where is Tony?"
"He is currently resting in his lab. Shall I alert him?"
"What do you want Peter?"
"I.. I don't want to be alone."
"I'll go awake Tony. You ok for now?" Asked Clint.
"Y..ya." With that Clint left. He grabbed ginger ale and some stomach meds. He stopped by the lab.
"T..Tony? You awake there?" Clint gently shook Tony's shoulder.
"What do you want Clint? M'tired."
"Tony? Are you feeling ok?"
"No, for a fact.. I'm feeling sick, so leave before I vomit on you." Tony grumbled.
"FRIDAY does he have a fever?"
"No fever detected but it seems to be a migraine."
"Ohh. Alright, well take ur meds. Peter isn't feeling good.. I need to get back to him. You ok or do I need to nurse you too?" Clint Asked half sarcastically.
"W..ait.. p..Peters sick?"
"Ya he's got a low grade fever and his stomach is bothering him. I can handle this, if you want he doesn't want to be alone but if your head is really bad just wait for it to clear, then come up."
Tony nodded then placed his head back on the desk.
Clint shook his head in amusement then hurried back to Peter. He was crying agin as he was sitting up..holding his stomach.
"I need to.. to throw up.."
"What do you mean peter? You mean your going to?" Clint Asked as he grabbed the trash can and sat by Peter.
"Ya.. but I can't..."
"You can if your body needs to.. shoot.. I forgot.. look peter I need to call Bruce.. since you have spider DNA you may not be able to throw up..."
"Please.. i... I don't want him.."
"I know peter, but He can help you more than I can."
Peter nodded weakly.
"FRIDAY please ask Banner to
Come to Peters room, keep it down low, the last thing we need is a bunch of people crowding us."
"As you wish. He will be there promptly. Might I suggest starting a warm bath for Peter. It may help with some of the discomfort.
"Thanks FRI." And with that Clint went into the bathroom to get a bath started to Peter when he heard footsteps in the room. He poked his head out to see Tony wobble into the bedroom.
"You ok Tony?" Asked Clint.
" ya, Migraines take a lot out of me but I feel a lot better, how's Peter?"
"Not happy. He's complaining that he needs to throw up.. but I don't think Spiders can vomit. Bruce is headed over to see what we can do to help him feel better."
"Clint? Tony? Y'all in here?" Called Banner.
"Hey Bruce, we're in Peters bathroom."
Bruce showed up and they all crowded around Peter, who sat quietly, an occasional wimped came from him.
"Well, Peter I heard your feeling sick. How long has this been going on?"
"since this morning."
"Clint, how high did his fever get?"
"No higher than 101.3."
"Peter, you tell us that you feel like you need to throw up, yet.Your body won't actually let it... do you want me to give you something to help your body to do it or would you rather let it happen?
"I don't know."
"is it safe?" Tony asked.
"I haven't found anything that says a spider can't vomit..in fact, spiders can and in some spider species, they will throw up food and acid so they can drink it...  oh, sorry Tony, probably too much detail." Banner said and then regretted it when he saw Tony swallow hard. Tony just nodded.
"I just want to feel better, i feel miserable." Peter said as he leaned into the wall.
How about this, take the warm bath that Clint set up for you, see if that helps ease the discomfort and if it does not, I will come and give you an injection of a medication that will help you feel better.
Peter nodded.
"Tony, do you need anti-nausea meds?" Banner asked, still noting the way Tony was still green around the lips.
"I'm fine Bruce, just care for Peter." Tony responded.
Bruce gave him a 'ya, your fine, fine my Butt' and left to get the medication ready.
"Here buddy, let me help you." Clint said grabbing Pete's arm as he struggled to stand due to being exhausted and in pain.
Clint helped Pete get in the bath, Pete didn't even try to get out of his clothes. Once Pete was in the bath Clint left to give him space. Friday was alerted to keep an eye on him.
Clint went to the kitchen and saw Tony curled up.
"Hey Tony, you doing ok?"
"Mhphm mhphf." Tony muffled into the pillow he had stuffed his face in.
"Tony, I can't understand you."
He heard Tony sigh and roll just enough that half of his face could be seen.
"I said i feel like I'm going to be sick, stupid Bruce, stupid spiders." Tony says as he rolls back into the pillow.
"Friday grab banner please and tell him to bring meds."