𝙱𝚘𝚗𝚞𝚜 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 || 𝚂𝚑𝚞𝚓𝚒 𝙷𝚊𝚗𝚖𝚊

Nearly slamming the door into his face shut - Not wanting to actually hear an answer to your own questions. He quickly let his foot slip between the frame and the door. Stopping you from closing it. "Go away..", you crocked out, letting your forehead fall against the door. The palm of your hands pressed firmly against the door. 

You heard him sigh, "Let me in, doll.. I.. I wanna see you.. please.." Hanmas voice unusually soft. Pleading. It was something that made your throat dry up. Not wanting to let yourself get swayed away by him. It was Hanma after all. Someone who loved the thrill. Loved to play around and muddle around. Throwing things away that didn't give him satisfaction or excitement. Just like he had thrown you away once.. "Leave.. please.. Hanma.. just.. just go."

"I can't do this." 

"Hanma!"

"I refuse to do this.. let me in, let us talk.. You don't understand how it feels to see you alive.."

You didn't budge, making him frustrated. Hearing him sigh, you already knew - already felt it - that he was gonna use force. But he didn't. All you heard was a 'thud'. A silent mumble of, "fuck", following after it. You decided to be daring and look through the little door gap. Seeing Hanmas forehead pressed against the door. His hand going up to rub his eyes. In frustration, annoyance or sadness, you couldn't tell. It was a bit odd anyways - his behavior that is. Hanma was always hard to figure out anyways. One moment he was the sweetest to you, the next he throws you to the side like you're a nobody. 

The things he had said to you, still etched deep in your heart. 

The way he almost had your life flash before you eyes, forever burned into your mind.

You were about to push against the door again, hoping that you could close it this time without him interrupting. But his voice halted you once more. "I am sorry."

Three simple words. Three, simple, words.. that made your head slightly spin. Trying to keep your mind clear, you shook your head. "What are you sorry for?" It almost came out as a scoff. Mockingly so. And you didn't expect Hanma to actually tell you what he was sorry for. You expected him to get defensive. Perhaps a bit aggressive. Desperately aggressive. A view you had seen before when he had his tattooed hand wrapped around your neck. Dangling you from the roof top of his building. But you were wrong. Another surprise that made your head spin more and more. 

"I am sorry for treating you the way I did... I never knew what it was like.. to like someone.. to.. love someone..  All I knew was that.. I wanted you to myself. Have you bound to me.. I was jealous - and it's really embarrassing to admit that.. You're probably wondering, 'what.. The Hanma Shuji?!'.. and yes.. The Hanma Shuji.. the famous lone reaper.. was jealous and wanted the only woman, he ever found interesting, for himself.."

Listening to his little speech, you shook your head, biting your lips almost bloody.. "you tried the best, to be the worst.. You liked the thrill I gave you. The thrill around me. It made your blood pump and your adrenaline go nuts but all in all.. it has nothing to do with me as a person. As soon as you notice how fucking mundane and boring my life is, you will leave. Just like before. One again.."

"I am a changed man, my beautiful Doll.." He said. It was a statement. A said fact - looking by the tone of his voice. You sighed. "Whatever, Hanma.. Leave.. you have nothing to do here. Nothing to see." "I have to see you. I want to see you.. there's so much I have to do, too." "sure..", you sighed. Not hiding the sarcastic undertone. "what do you have to do around here?" You couldn't see the small smile that appeared on his face. It was so soft. Almost dreamy in a way as he closed his eyes. "I have to build a new life with you.."