.

I was diagnosed with autism.

As it turns out my blunt honesty relies on genetics. With blunt honesty, people trust you more. They believe that they can come to you for honest advice or the truth, and they'd be correct.

But it isn't just that—

You are literal and have a strong moral compass. If someone asks you to keep a secret then you do, if that secret betrays your morals then you do not. Your loyalty is unmatched because people do not often become your friend. Your social oddities make it hard for others to tolerate you and for you to tolerate them.

It's curious, isn't it?

When it comes to my diagnosis, they found that I had intense hyperlexia and eidetic memory. The intelligence and strange quirks that people saw in me had them constantly associating me with Ravenclaw.

The hat finds the things that you are proud of in your character— the things that make you who you are. I know that, without my academic prowess, I would still favor honesty and truth. I am a truth seeker.

So, regardless, I am a true Hufflepuff.

Two autistic-coded individuals like Luna Lovegood and Newt Scamander come to mind when people question the sorting hat. Luna admires the odd and obscure in herself and others— she embraced learning and the strange. Newt was careful and loyal. His love for creatures and their well-being is what drove him. He is also a true Hufflepuff. So even though both showed traits associated with the two houses, they were placed where they were meant to be.