Think About It

I want you to take a deep breath and hold it. Think about everything that has happened in your life, the good and the bad times. Now let that breath out. Did you really live, or did you exist? There is a huge difference. Living is taking all the possibilities life gives you and making more then life has. Living starts when you leave your comfort zone, and never ends. Living is shooting for the moon and missing, but feeling wonderful for landing among the stars. Living is turning around and finding the people you love without having to look. Living means to love, to cherish your life with every fiber of your being. To put caution to the wind and not worry, because the wind has your back.

Existing is being a number.

Living is being a face, a personality, a name.

Living is pushing yourself out there past what you fear. When you meet your first friend, and when you keep the friendship for years. When you meet the one for you, and they give you a smile and a kiss. When you argue and fight, but still love them to bits. When you give everything to buy them a ring, and you finally know that it isn't a fling. When you finally have a baby to hold, and they call you a parent, which makes you feel old. When you love them forever, and have fun fests. When you stiffle the tears as they finally leave the nest. And when they come back, with a new baby to love, and you feel that they're all you can think of. When you lay next to your love as they take a deep breath and you hold their hand and say you never left. And they smile at you as their heart takes a final beat, that they were happy they met the weirdo they would first greet.

But none of these things would ever happen. Not if you take the first step, the first jump, even the first tiptoe. You have to take chances, take things and take the first push. Because if you don't, you'll be surely amiss for skipping the things that you will always miss.

Thank you.