Chapter 3, Futher In The Forest

~ Jack POV~

I've been researching the wolves and the dire one from yesterday, as I also made a journal about the topic last night. I put everything necessary for Mark and me to survive the forest. I just had to wait for Molly and Polly to make their move on Dad, so we sneaked out underneath him. I hope this works. I put the journal in the bag; then my door opened to reveal Mark, who was carrying a bag on his shoulder, " You ready?'' I tugged on the string and nodded " Yep, but we gotta do this quietly and hoping they're distracting them good enough that he won't notice us was gone.'' I said as Mark looked at me, " Me too. Because we are already in trouble with him as it is, and I can't handle his disappointment." He told me.

"He going to be disappointed in me too. Just not you," He looked at him, then back " Right-" We sneak downstairs to see Molly talking to Dad as we walk past them, then run into the forest. " I can't believe we are doing this," Mark mumbled as I led the way to the hill where we'd seen the wolves. " This is how we called living, so try it." Mark glared at him and walked beside him " You try to be the oldest one with the pleasure that Dad has put on me since Mom passed away." I sent him a glared and spoke with a stern tone, " It's the third day since her passing, so you don't dare say that. She hasn't been gone for a year or more. " I argue, Looking up at him as he looked down at me " And you didn't understand what was going to on behind those doors when she was getting those fucking tests,'' I squint, narrowing my eyes at him. " I would if you and Dad didn't keep most of them a secret. " I told him as he snarled at him.

" Jack, you gotta understand, I have to protect you guys from Dad and the truth from what he has told me. " I shook my head and walked faster as he chased me. " The truth and lies. That you and Dad have told Molly and me over the years while growing up–for what!? What is the secret that is dangerous or something?" I quizzed as he stayed silent.

" Forget it, Mark. "

"I wish I could tell you guys, but I can't. "

" Why?"

" Because I promised Mom-The day she passed, and she told me some things about our future."

I stopped walking and stared, mouth opened, then closed it. " What do you mean by that?" I raised a question as he sighed in frustration and walked back and forth on the path. " Mark, you can tell me, " He shook his head no. " I fucking don't know you if I could. " I watched him and started to get annoyed with him. " Why not?" I asked as he glanced at me.

"As I've said before, I promised Mom. " I look forward at him and don't know how I can convince him that he can tell me without breaking his promise to Mom. I mean, how bad can it be wrong? I do want to bother him more, but I could tell him that he's slowly getting annoyed by me now.

~ Molly POV~

" Come on, Dad. I am ready to learn how to drive." As he stood on the opposite side of me, I told him, " I told you no, and you might not be ready for the challenges of driving." I groaned out of annoyance and dramedy fell onto the couch. " How hard can it be?" He sipped his coffee and shook his head " very hard. Special if you don't know what you're doing." I sat up and looked at him " You teach Mark and Jack at my age when they're gonna sophomore." I argued as he eyed me and set the cup down. " Because they're not acting like a whiny child." As I stood up brutally, he spat and growled, " And a real father wouldn't call their child back." I said back. He softened his experienced and let out a low sigh that I could hardly hear if the tv weren't in the highest setting. " Mom wouldn't let you call me that or at least teach me how to drive." his experienced hardened " Stop comparing me to your mother and never mention her again." His eyes are cold, which could make you shiver under his gaze.