Chapter 46, The Music Has died

Lucas looks at her and smiled softly, then frown. " So how we do this?" Zayn asked then noticed the sadness in their eyes, " What's wrong?" Lucas looked at his son. " That we need to take your powers from the demon, if we do that then you will die." Zayn looked shocked and concerned. " With the powers that has returned and staying here for a long period times-it started to changed you slowly but when one of the higher ones up to get the powers back, some demons die then others don't." He explained. He looked at them and doesn't know what to say, " Am I one of them?" He shook his head, no. " oh.." he stumble back and leaned against the wall for support. " What about my kids? They need me." He looked at them, " We know, but you aren't fully demon if so then it will be different. But you aren't because you're only half. " Amelia spoke softly, looking at him. " I...I can't leave them when they needed a parent with them. They have already lost their mother, so they can't lose another parent. " He told them as Perrie walks over to him and grasped his hand. " I know, but they're gonna be okay. "

" How are you so sure?" He asked, looking at her and back away from him. " I've seen their future. " She answered. Zayn searched their eyes, sighed deeply. " I can't get leave them alone, and need to show them that they are loved. I mean, I know I wasn't the best father in the world, but they need me. " He claimed as he looked down to see a photo. " Zayn, they're gonna be okay. I promised you that." Amelia reassuring him. He stared at her and took a deep breath, then looking away from them as he stared down at the photo. " Are you positive that those kids will be alright?" He questioned as Lucas nodded and looked at him, as he nodded and closed his eyes while the others watched his Dad took his powers while he holds back the pain from the powers leaving his soul...slowly he began to lose himself into darkness that surround him. Lucas and Amelia watched their son slowly disappeared.

================ A Few Hours Later=====================================

The rain started to pour on the hates while there's cars parked on the road while the kids are sniffling as they have gotten a letter from their grandpa. I stared down at the grave stone with my Dad's named on it next to Mom's grave as I set the flowers down when Jack joined me on the grave stone as he is wearing a suit along with Mark too. " He sacrifice his life for us..and didn't even say goodbye to us. " I looked at Jack with teary eyes. " Mol, you know how much he cares for us before all this shit happened. " He told her as she sniffled and walked towards her with pulling her into a comfort hug. " Just remember the good memories." He muttered into her ear as he started to walk back to the car as she looked back at the grave, " I hope you are with Mom up in heaven, Dad. I love you so much even though we had our times with each other. " She went inside the car as Mark drives home in the rain.

I looked out of the window to watch the raindrops hitting the glass of the window, as I took a glanced over at Polly who's been on her phone, and listening to music. She sighed deeply and went to get her journal from her bag that she has left in the car, and took it out and started to write in it. The silence in the car felt heartfelt and sadness together as Mark pulled up to the familiar cabin as we slowly walked up to the door. I still don't understand why he did it? Even though it's hurts for losing both parents....fuck, tell me why he did it!? I thought to myself. " A long, long time ago, I can still remember how that music used to make me smile, and I knew if I had my chance that I could make those people dance and maybe they'd be happy for a while." Mark said, walking into the kitchen as Jack followed after him with a frown. " But February made me shiver with every paper I'd deliver. Bad news on the doorstep...I couldn't take one more step." Jack added as I sit down on the stool with a sighed, " I can't remember if I cried when I read about his death sacrifice made but something touched me deep inside...the day the music died..." I whispered as Mark set four glasses on the table. " So, bye, bye, Mr American Pie....drove me Chevy to the levee, but the levee was dry.." Polly sit besides me. " And them good old parents were drinking whiskey in Rye, singing, ' This'll be the day that die, this'll be the day that I die.' " Mark quote as he answer the door to see Dean and Sam, Amy and Bobby with Oct as he let them come in.

Dean approached Molly with a smiled, " Did you write the book of love? And do you have faith in god above if the bible tell you so? Do you believe in rock 'n' roll?" He asked as she lightly chuckled and looked at him then Sam went over to Polly. " Can music save your mortal soul? And can you teach me how to dance real slow?" She laughed a little then hugged him which he returned. " Well, I know that you're in love with her cause I saw you smiling in the gym. You both kicked off your shoes then I dig those rhythm and blues. " Malia whispered lowly as she started to walk away from the cabin to her car. Oct hugged Molly with a smiled as she looked at her, " I was a lonely teenage broncing buck with a pink carnation and a pickup truck, but I knew I was out of luck...the day the music died." She told her as she cracked a smiled at her. Later, Freya and Aurora showed up to the small party. " I started singing, ' bye-bye, Mr American pie. ' " Sam spoke up as we all looked at him then at Mark, " drove my Chevy to the levee, but the levee was dry. Them good old parents were drinking whiskey in Rye. " Mark added then Jack joined them. " Singing, ' This'll be the day that I die, this'll be the day I die.."

An hour later, Dean went up the stairs and sits down besides her as she looked at him. " I met a girl who sang the blues and I asked her for some happy news, but she just smiled and turned away. " Sam walked past them and stood in front of Polly who's been in her Dad's office. " I went down to the scared store where I'd heard the music years before but the man there said the music wouldn't play.." She looked towards him some tears rolling her cheeks. " And in the streets, the children screamed. The lovers cried and the poets dream, but not a word was spoken.." He stayed with her. Jack and Oct are sitting on the porch, " The rain claims us down with the night falls over the sadness that brings the kids to the stop.." Jack plays with his fingers as Oct rests her head on his shoulder. " But the kids has people to help them to get through this pain because not all of us are close to our parents, but the music has died for the long time. Will it bring out the truth or lies of what happened?" She asked as Amy walked out of the cabin and Mark followed after her. " I wouldn't been so scared to let anyone else in my heart, but the walls build up so high that it's hard to let them down. " Mark tells Amy who's looking at him with a kind smiled. " I will wait for you when you're ready. "

They all went into their rooms for the night with the rain makes it slow hits on the roof and the windows of the cabin.