Chapter Nine

Five and I were in his room when Vanya walks in.

"Oh, thank god." Vanya sighs, "I was worried sick about you two."

"Sorry, we left without saying goodbye," I mumble

"No, look. I'm the one who should be sorry. Yeah, I was dismissive, and... I-I guess I didn't know how to process what you were saying. And, I still can't, to be honest." Vanya says.

"Maybe you were right to be dismissive." Five says, I catch on.

"Ya, maybe it wasn't real after all." I sigh.

"It felt real. Well like you said... Dad did say that time travel could mess with your mind." Five looks down.

"Then maybe I'm not the right person you guys should be talking to." Vanya glances warily at us, "I used to see someone. A therapist. I could give you her information-"

Five cut her off, "Thanks, but I think we're just gonna get some rest."

She nods and leaves. I close the door to the hallway as the closet door opens and Klaus falls out.

"That was so... touching, all that stuff about family, and dad and time. Wow!" Klaus chuckled

"Would you shut up? She'll hear you." Five guestures to the door.

"I'm moist." Klaus sighs.

Five and I both gag.

"I told you to put on something professional." Five scowls at Klaus's outfit.

"What? This is my nicest outfit." Klaus complains.

I groaned and shook my head, "C'mon, we'll raid the old man's closet."

"Whatever, as long as I get paid," Klaus grumbled.

"When the job is done." Five says.

"Okay, but just so we're clear on the finer details. I just gotta go into this place and pretend to be your guys' dear old dad. Correct?"

"Yeah, something like that," I say.

"What's our cover story?"

"What?" Five scoffed

"What are you talking about?" I questioned.

"I mean, was I like really young when I had you? Like, 16? Like, young and... terribly misguided."

"Sure." I shrug.

"Your mother, that slut. Whoever she was. We met at... The disco," he chuckled, "Remember that." He snapped his fingers, "Oh, my, god, the sex was amaaaazing."

"What a disturbing glimpse into that thing you call a brain." I gagged.

"Don't make me put you in time-out!"

–Time Skip–

"Like I said to your son and daughter-"

"*cough* girlfriend *cough*" Klaus said. I give him an annoyed look.

"Girlfriend... earlier, any information about the prosthetics we build is strictly confidential. Without the client's consent, I simply can't help you." The man in the lab coat sighs.

"Well, we can't get consent if you don't give us a name." Five snarled.

"Well, that's not my problem. Sorry. Now, there's really nothing more I can do, so-"

"What about MY consent?" Klaus interrupts.

"Excuse me?"

"Who gave you permission... to lay your hands on my song... And my future daughter-in-law?"

"What?"

"You heard me," Klaus said. I grinned, I knew where this was going.

"I didn't touch your son and his girlfriend." Lab coat man said.

"Oh, really? Well, then how did he get that swollen lip?" Klaus asked.

"He doesn't have a-" I punch Five in the mouth. Damn, that felt good.

"And how did she get that mark on her cheek?" Klaus continued while Five glared at me, I just smiled. That quickly faded when Klaus slapped me across the cheek.

"I want it. Name, please. Now." Klaus demanded.

"You're crazy." The man said.

"You've got no idea," Klaus said and picked up a snow globe on the desk.

"Peace on Earth how sweet." Klaus broke it on his face.

The man reaches for the phone on his desk, "I'm calling sec-"

Klaus grabs to phone and gasped, "There's been an assault in Mr. Bigs' office... and we need security now! Schnell!"

He put the phone down and spit out a piece of glass in his mouth. "Now, here's what's going to happen Grant."

"Its... Lance." Lance whispered

Klaus continued, "In about 60 seconds, two security guards are gonna burst through that door, and they're gonna see a whole lotta blood. And they're gonna wonder, 'What the hell happened?' and we're gonna tell them that you... beat the shit out of us!"

I smile, glancing at Five.

"You're gonna do great in prison, Grant. Trust me, I've been there. A little piece of chicken like you. Oh, my god, you're gonna get passed around like a... You're just... you're gonna do great. That's all I'm saying." Klaus smiled.

"Jesus you are a real sick bastard." Lance whimpered.

"Thank you."

We wait for Lance to get the file. He looked up at us fearfully.

"Oh, that's strange." He said.

"What?" I urged.

"Uh, the eye. It hasn't been purchased by a client yet."

"What? What do you mean?" Klaus asked.

"Well, uh, our logs say that the eye with that serial number... This can't be right. It hasn't even been manufactured yet. Where did you get that eye?"

Five and I sighed in defeat.