Coronation

[This is not how a Coronation works]

Ranboo's POV:

I need to see this myself.

"I--....Can you take me to him?" I asked, apathetically.

"Yes, of course, your highness!" The knights yelled in unison. "Follow us!"

Before I followed the duo I turned to Tubbo and Micheal.

"Tubbo, take Micheal to your room. I need to deal with this alone." I said, turning to the knights, "Let's go."

I left with the knights before Tubbo could respond. We ran down the hallway, passing guards and maids. They all look bewildered, wondering what on earth would make the knights and the prince run throughout the halls. They'll find out, eventually.

Everyone in the kingdom knows how ill the King has been, ever since the beginning of this week, I can't wait for the newspaper to document this.

Oh, what a headline this'll be. Maybe as big as when the same newspaper documented my Mother's death. It was unfortunate, but this is not. Unlike her, he deserves this.

We eventually reach Father's sleeping chambers, there's no one in sight. I swiftly passed the knights, running towards my Father's wooden bedroom door. I stopped when I got there, the door towering over me. My Father has always been taller than me.

I stared at the wood of the door, not daring to move. I must act if I'm scared to open the door, even when I'm not.

I hear the footsteps of the knights creeping behind me, they stop. I can hear the knights whispering behind my back, as if I can't hear them.

"How unfortunate, they were really close, weren't they?"

"I say, they already lost their mother. Now their father, this must be hard for them."

"Mhm, such a shame."

I take a deep breath in, I reach a hand out and twist the golden door knob. Before I open the door, I turned to the two knights.

"Go seek assistance, then come back here."

I turned back and opened the door, closing it behind me.

There he is.

His b--..corpse, lies there, lifeless. His eyes are closed, his fists are balled up. I grin.

I walked up to his bed, I held his hand. Cold and stiff, I placed his hand back down. After everything he has done and said, I still feel a bit guilty and sad.

I step away, tears actually stung my eyes. I can't cry, it'll hurt. But...it'll make my act more believable. I shut my eyes, letting my tears fall.

I flinched, my tears sting my cheeks. I quickly wipe it away with my sleeve. I walked towards the mirror on his dresser.

The tears left a stain, good. It hurt but it wasn't worth it. I noticed a basket, full of lavish gifts and wrapped with a vibrant red ribbon.

*knock* *knock*

"Your highness? We bought assistance like you asked. May we come in?"

"Y-Yes! Come on in." I responded, stepping away from the mirror.

"I--Oh dear, I'm so sorry." One of the nurses said, a hand over her mouth, looking directly at me.

"Yeah, um.." I mumbled, I don't know what to say. "I should get going.."

"Yes, your highness." The nurses said in unison. What's up with that? They sound like robots instead of actual beings.

I nodded, anyway, and walked out of the room. I don't know what goes on from here.