The Ball

Ranboo's POV

I smiled as everyone arrived.

Laughter echoes throughout the room, guests greeting each other, and old friends laughing. What a sight. This is truly something that would come out of a fairy tale.

It seems almost everyone in the kingdom showed up, either because of my coronation or because of my Father's death. Or probably both. Either way, everyone's enjoying themselves.

That's cool, I guess.

After all, this ball is one of the only things that will bring both commoners and nobles together. So far, there have been no arguments whatsoever. Which is just perfect.

I roam throughout the room, several guests greeting me as I pass by. I searched the crowd for my uncle. However, I can't seem to find Silas. I thought he wanted to talk to me about something. I assumed this would be an appropriate time to do so.

After walking around aimlessly for a good minute, searching for Silas, I walked over towards the stairs, out of sight of everyone. I lean against the side of the stairs.

I wonder where Silas is, I thought he would be here, he was earlier. I didn't think he would just...leave. I have known him for quite a while, he is my uncle after all, and it's quite out of character for him to abruptly leave.

Eh, it's good that he's not here I guess.

He's been on my case ever since they found Father dead in his bed, his behavior towards me recently is starting to get on my nerves. With the way I'm acting, I guess he feels the same way too.

Though, Silas isn't wrong, but I feel like he's jumping to conclusions automatically without proper evidence. Which is unreasonable and rude on his part, but then again, I did poison my own Father, Silas's brother.

Anyway, even if he did have evidence, which he doesn't and won't have, ever, who's going to believe him?

The newly crowned King, who was very "close" with their late Father, or some duke who hasn't talked to his dead brother in over a decade.

However, what if he leaks it anonymously? No one would know it was him but I will, but how would I prove that? The public will think I'm a liar if I accuse him without solid evidence. And I don't need that.

I'm overthinking this and ignoring the fact that all his accusations against me is just a theory to him.

If it truly is a theory, then, Silas is getting too close to the truth and I won't allow it.

Between you and I, we both know I poisoned my Father. I've said it numerous times, it's obvious to both of us.

But, he doesn't have to know that, and neither do the people.

So it's crucial for me to keep anyone from finding out I did that. Including, my family members.

Though, practically my whole family hated my late Father. I wonder who else would've done what I did.

I know I can't be the only one. Father did so many things to screw other members of the family over. Including, other neighboring kingdoms.

So who would murder my Father if I didn't?

...

"Ran! Wait!" I heard a voice yell, must be Silas.

I turned around, Silas stopped a few feet away from me, catching his breath.

"Can we talk?" Silas asked, standing upright.

"Of course, what do you want to talk about?" I replied.