Back to School

"Celeste!" Ash rushed foward and thre his arms around his friend.

"Ash!" Celeste greeted him, just as excited. Both of them had missed each other a lot and are feeling the absence of Cilan quite hard. "How was your summer in Kalos?"

"I had so much fun!" Ash exclaimed. "Landon evolved into a Gabite! I also caught a Noibat and Goomy! They are named Bruce and Nephertite! Best vacation ever!"

"That's so cool!" Celeste exclaimed, eyes sparkling. Her shy personality has long gone, it tends to happen when you spend so much time with Ash, he simply brings you out from your shell. "Naiad and Hestia evolved into Vaporeon and Flareon back home! My mom also got me another Eevee! His name is Pan and wants to evolve into a Leafeon!"

"It seems that we both had a great time!" Ash threw his head back laughing and groaned when the bell rang. "I still have so much to tell you!"

"You can do that during the break!" Celeste laughed. "We can go to our tree and we will tell each other everything. I kind of want to know how you got a Key Stone!" She raised an eyebrow, pointing at the golden dragon claw necklace he was wearing.

"You know about Key Stones and Mega Stones?!" Ash asked stunned, as the two of them were making their way to their classroom.

"We were taught about it last year in class!" Celeste protested.

"Yes, about Mega Evolution! Not about the stones!" Ash protested with an adorable pout, he did not look like a thirteen years old boy going on fourteen.

"That's what research is there for!" Celeste scolded him gently.

"My bad," Ash shrugged sheepishly. "Not my best moment."

"Clearly!" Celeste huffed in amusement.

They entered the classroom laughing and joking, greeting their classmates, especially Ashley and Laura, who have become close friends with them. They took their seats and paid attention in class, as usual the first day back to school was slow and easy. However, as both Ash and Celeste were excited about sharing their vacation stories, they were quite impatient for the class to end. They practically ran out of class, as soon as the bell rang.

They gathered under their tree, missing the absence of Cilan, but still quite content about being in each other's company. Sharing their tales, as their pokemon did the same. Of course, they made a pitstop to take Drako and Zeus. The two pokemon were quite happy to meet their trainers and pokemon Friends again.

"Wow! You had quite a busy vacation!" Celeste murmured in awe. "And Landon! You evolved to save your friend, such an honourable way to evolve! I am so proud of you!" Landon blushed at the praise, but puffed his chest in pride. "Also, Altaria becomes part fairy when she Mega Evolves?! That's so cool!"

"I know!" Ash agreed. "It took her a while to get used to it, but when she did, she mastered Moonblast in only a couple of weeks!"

"Mega Evolution is just on another level!" Celeste whistled. "You also bought TM's?!"

"Yes, there was a store in Kalos and I have quite a lot saved from helping at the preserve," Ash told her. "I bought Sleep Talk, Substitute, and Protect. They gather all the bases for protection and every pokemon can use them. I bought them reusable, it was a little bit more expensive but worth it. Do you want to share them?"

"Really?!" Celeste exclaimed surprised. "Thank you!"

"You're welcome!" Ash laughed, hugging her back when she threw herself at him. "But it's gonna get rough from no won, we both have a full team or almost a full team, with school and our pokemon... we will be busy."