Kalos - Mega Evolution Part II

Delia loved the idea of having a Gym Leader being their tour guide. Not to mention she was so proud of Ash for finally having a Mega Stone, that was one step closer to his dream of becoming a Dragon Master. So, after finishing off in Geosenge Town, they left for Shalour City. Where they had a blast!

The first thing they did was visit the Tower of Mastery and then the Shalour Gym. Before hitting the stores with Korrina and Delia on the front. Luckily, Ash had Gurkinn and he did not get bored with the Gym Leader teaching him everything he knew about Mega Evolution.

He told Ash about how to connect correctly with his pokemon and to be careful, because out of all the pokemon types, dragon, ghost, and dark are the ones that are more prone to go wrong. The bust of power is huge and tends to cloud their mind. So, he needs to think of a specific memory or feeling that will serve as an anchor for Ele and Ladon in the future. Ash took the Gym Leader seriously and made sure to add that to the training sessions he had with them. Luckily, Gurkinn allowed him to use the training fields in the gym, so he didn't have to waste time trying to find a place to train as he did in George Town.

Speaking of training he had made leaps of progress with Cilan's help, like his Academy mentor, Ele finally mastered Solar Beam plus Flamethrower. If Ash talked about progress thanks to Cilan, he had to mention Drako, who thanks to Cilan's excellent advice on time management, was capable of learning and mastering Dragon Dance, Dig, Taunt, Assurance, Dragon Pulse, Dragon Claw, Dual Chop, and Sunny Day. They were six very difficult months for the young adult, but he loved every moment. Ladon also adored being the teacher for once, teaching Drako how to use Dragon Claw and Dig. Ele took care of teaching him Dragon Pulse and Sunny Day. While, Ash was solely in charge of teaching him the other moves, in private lessons.

Ladon, on his part, mastered Metal Claw and Iron Head. Not to mention the huge progress he had done in unlocking his egg move Iron Tail, which they had finally managed to do while training in Shalour Gym's training fields. They were still far from mastering it, but at least it was finally unlocked and learned. Altaria also took advantage of the training field to make progress on her Dazzling Gleam. She had managed to get in touch with her Fairy-type energy, but she still could not manipulate it around her body. But there was still time for that, and Ash had learned his lesson about getting frustrated and pushing her with the Solar Beam incident.

Their next stop, Coumarine City, was a stop for resting and enjoying the big bodies of water the city offered. Of course, Ash had to visit the city's gym- which had been informed of Ash's impending visit from Gurkinn. The old man and his granddaughter fell in love with the boy after his visit, they even exchanged numbers to keep in contact.

They only stayed there for a few days before finally going to the region's capital: Lumiose City. But those days were enough for Ele to learn Dazzling Gleam, it did help to have the advice of two Gym Leaders and a Gym Leader trainee. This helped, as in Lumiose City he would end up being delayed by his mom's shopping spree in the high stores of the most fashionable city in Kalos. Luckily, in between shopping sprees, they visited the Lumiose Museum, the Prism Tower, and the city's Gym- where he made great friends with Lem, the Gym Leader's son.

But what had him the most excited about Lumiose City was his mom's impending visit to Professor Sycamore's Lab. He was the lead expert on Mega Evolution, and he might be able to help him out in finding a Key Stone. Ele was out, like always, wearing proudly the Mega Stone necklace her human had given her, with Ladon on her back. Delia walked into the lab, already used to the sight, not realizing that every sight was on them. Especially on the regal sight that her son made with his dragon, almost royal-like.

"Hi, I'm Delia Ketchum. I'm here to deliver an Egg from Professor Oak's Lab." Delia began talking, oblivious to the open mouths and stunning looks the lab assistants were giving them. "Is Professor Sycamore around?"

"Y-yeah, I'm here." Augustine stuttered slightly, eyes never leaving the boy who kept on patting the Shiny Altaria. "Thank you for the delivery," he told the pretty woman, eyes still on the boy and his dragons. Especially, Nephele. "Excuse me, is that an Altarianite?"

"Yes!" Exclaimed Ash, with his Sunflora smile, making many people blush, at the adorable sight. No teenager should be that cute! "Ele and I came across it in George Town," he explained. "But we don't have a Key Stone to put is on use, yet," he pouted, making even Augustine blush. "I was wondering if you could tell us where to find one, please?"

"I- I can do better than that," he replied, with an indulgent smile. "Give me a second," he told them, taking the egg to another room and returning with a Key Stone. "You see, I don't get many opportunities to analyze a dragon's Mega Evolution, other than my own. Here is Kalos we are more inclined to Fairy Types, unlike Unova who prefer Dragon Types. As you are Master Drayden's apprentice I believe partaking in an experiment with you will be fruitful," he explained. "What do you say? Would you like to join me in a little experiment?"

"Will it hurt Ele?" Ash immediately asked, making Sycamore smile at his worry and care for his pokemon.

"No. I will simply observe, interview you, take some measurements of Mega Altaria, her heart rate, and blood pressure, I'll even train with you two to help you control the Mega Evolution and see how much her power and control increases." The Professor assured him. "For most of it, I won't even touch her."

"Do I get to keep the KeyStone?" Ash inquired, just to be sure.

"Of course, that's the deal after all," Sycamore reassured him.

"Ele?" He then turned to his starter in question, who cooed at him and gently bumped heads with her human, making him giggle. "Then we have a deal!" He turned to the professor and beamed, making the blush on the older man's face return.

"That's great Ashy!" Delia celebrated. "I'll take it to the jewelry store and make it into a beautiful necklace like Ele's! With a golden dragon claw grabbing the stone, to match Ele's colors!"

"That's a great mom!" Ash joined the celebration.

Augustine smiled indulgently at the pair: "Then shall we start?"