6: The Second Big Bang

✿ Zoltan's POV

I watched my aunt smother Ulyana with hugs and kisses. I could tell she was trying so hard not to crack. What was with her and being touched?

Whatever that it was, she did clean up nice. The green hair was replaced by dark brown hair that looked thick enough to hide in. It flowed down her back, covering the laced back of the spaghetti strapped black polka-dotted dress she wore.

I leaned against the pillar and watched them.

“Engaged, huh?”

I knew the voice all too well that I didn't bother to turn.

“When did that happen?”

“I'm the Alpha, Geneva. I don't have to explain anything to you.”

“When it involves getting married to a woman from another pack, yes you do, Zoltan. Yes you do.”

I looked at her. She rarely spoke to me without formalities these days. Was she finally coming around?

“What do you want to know?”

“Where'd you meet her? No one here even knew Eammon Barlowe had a granddaughter. His entire family was wiped out in the Kane Massacre. So where'd she come from?”

“What are you two doing?” my aunt asked, joining us with Ulyana beside her.

She looked at me and I could tell her blue eyes were just screaming for help.

“Oh your nephew here was just about to tell me where he met this...” she eyed Ulyana, “... beautiful woman” she finished, her voice growing soft.

Geneva stared at her for a while, a small smile creeping up her face.

What is she doing?

I cleared my throat and my cousin blinked and looked away from her.

“Well? I'd love to hear how you two met” my aunt smiled, looking between the both of us.

“We met at the annual werewolf conference a few years ago” I said, watching Ulyana carefully.

She frowned and I gave her a look to not interrupt me.

“We exchanged numbers, started seeing each other in secret and we grew incredibly closer. I recently proposed and she accepted.”

I could see she was about to explode with the way she'd clenched her fist to her side. I opened my mouth to make an excuse to get her away but she beat me to it.

“Mrs. Wasserman, could you please show me to the bathroom?” she asked my aunt.

“Oh but of course, Ulyana” my aunt smiled.

She then turned to me.

“Parnell would be so proud of you if he were here. It was always his dream to keep close relations with Eammon and because of you, it's going to happen. Thank you, sweetie” she rubbed my arm gently before leading Ulyana away.

Close relations huh? Well I was going to get so much more from this marriage.

I chuckled and turned to see Geneva watching me. I'd forgotten she was still there.

“What?” I asked.

“That's the lame overview of your relationship you're giving me?”

Lame?

She sighed and faced me; her ginger hair a bit messy.

“Zoltan, right now I'm going to talk to you not as my Alpha or my boss but as my cousin” she said. “We both know what you just said is a lie.”