Chapter 3

Today was the first day of the start of her second year at Seidou, and the first day she was going to tutor some of the second years after their practice.

"Soooooo you're tutoring the boys now huh?" asked Kaoru's roommate Arakawa Chiyo as she was dressing in her practice uniform.

Kaoru rolled her eyes, Chiyo was a beautiful mix of boy crazy and genuine disappointment with the available guys at the school.

"Don't go getting any ideas, you know just as well as I do that there are no bachelors worth our time at this school," Kaoru laughed in response.

Chiyo groaned as she put her hair up in a braided ponytail, "Kao-chan, you don't understand how hard it is for me that your brother doesn't go to school here," she said with a cheeky grin.

Tilting her head to the side, Kaoru looked thoughtfully at her friend, "you think my brother is cute?" She truthfully never thought about her brother as being attractive to girls.

Chiyo looked at her friend incredulously, "you're joking? He's easily the finest man I have seen in real life!" Kaoru couldn't hide her laughter as she shook her head at her friend.

"Please don't ever talk about that volleyball freak like that ever again," she said with a laugh, "but if you want, I'll put in a good word to him for you."

Chiyo broke out into a little happy dance, "pleaseeee! Send him some of my highlights too while you're at it, I'm pretty sure that's the only way athletes flirt," she said.

"Sure thing, now please stop distracting me, I'm trying to prepare for tonight," Kaoru responded as she looked back at her notes.

Chiyo hummed in response before moving to peer over her friend's shoulder at the notes, "are you nervous to be in a room with a bunch of baseball idiots?" she asked.

Kaoru laughed a little, "not really," she said placing a finger on her chin as she thought about it, "I have a class with a lot of them and the others will hopefully be easy to teach."

Chiyo stared at her friend for a bit before smiling, it had been a while since she saw her looking alive. It was a subtle difference, but it was like the light was reignited in Kaoru's eyes.

"Well, none of those boys better fall in love with our beauty queen. I have first dibs on you if my plans with your brother fall through," she said with a laugh, "My last name will be Bokuto no matter what," Chiyo added with a wink.

Staring at her friend blankly, Kaoru tried to process what she had said, "yeah okay, good luck with that," she said with a smile, dismissing Chiyo's nonsense.

Grabbing her gear, Chiyo blew a kiss and waved goodbye to her "tell me everything when I get back!"

"Now, time to get this all sorted so I don't embarrass myself," Kaoru muttered to herself. She may not have been nervous to actually teach the subjects since school came as naturally to her as breathing.

But there was one thing - or rather one person - that had her nerves on edge, Miyuki Kazuya.

He had no problems with school, had no reason to be there tonight and yet he stopped her in the hall with a shit-eating grin to tell her he couldn't wait for her to "tutor him."

Kaoru let out a groan, he had said that in front of a bunch of his fangirls too, as if her life was too easy without his teasing.

'If he really does come tonight, I might have to throw something at him,' she thought. Maybe he'll be too busy, Kuramochi said that the first years were a lot to handle this year.