Chapter 6

Miyuki isn't really sure why he had asked Norifumi for Kaoru's phone number, but it started with Eijun's obnoxious voice.

Eijun had walked into his dorm shining brightly, a grin on his face as though he had conquered the world. Miyuki had been going over plays with Nori and Kuramochi when the first year burst through the door.

"Kaoru-Hime is now my nee-san!" he announced before anyone could question his good mood. Kuramochi immediately kicked Eijun before holding him in a headlock.

"Hyaha what did you do to make her agree with that?" asked Kuramochi as he gripped Eijun tightly. "I asked her about her injury and then we sat and talked for a long time!" he replied.

The second years all froze before Kawakami spoke up, "and she talked about it with you?" he asked in amazement.

Eijun nodded before looking away with cat eyes. "Sawamura, what did you do?" asked Miyuki, his brows furrowed in disapproval.

"Well, first she yelled at me and cried," Eijun said when the arms around his neck tightened, "but then I apologized!" he choked out.

Miyuki huffed at that, only Kaoru would so easily forgive someone, 'she's too kind for her own good,' he thought.

Kuramochi released Eijun reluctantly, "if Kaoru forgave you, I guess it can't be helped," he sighed. 'Only Sawamura is persistent enough to force her to talk about it,' he thought.

Eijun began describing Kaoru's benevolent behavior in painful detail as the second years rolled their eyes at him. Even Kawakami lost his patience with the loud first year.

Something about Eijun effortlessly making friends with Kaoru annoyed Miyuki. How did he get a response like that from her when all he gets is an attitude mixed with a little bit of genuine kindness.

Leaning over to Kawakami, Miyuki quietly asked the side-arm pitcher for a favor, "Nori, do you have Kaoru's phone number?" he whispered.

Kawakami's eyes widened as he nodded, Kaoru was a friend of his and he didn't want to cause her any inconveniences. Looking at Miyuki he decided to trust his catcher, grabbing his phone to display her contact.

"Please don't cause her any trouble Kazuya," he said softly, a sincere look on his face. Miyuki just nodded his head in agreement as he entered her number into his phone.

Taking one more glance at Eijun and Kuramochi, he reaffirmed his decision, 'I'm just going to tease her as a friend, nothing more than that,' he thought as he contemplated what his first text to her should be.

A smirk came across his face as he thought up a good opening remark, typing quickly, he hit send before placing his phone back in his pocket.

The next morning, Kaoru was walking arm in arm with Chiyo towards the school building. She told Chiyo about her talk with Sawamura, her new little brother and how helpful it was to admit her feelings of loneliness.

Chiyo had hugged her friend closer when she heard that, "I am glad you found someone that got you to open up!" she said, "it has been so difficult for me to see you sad while I'm unable to help!" Chiyo pouted.

"You're too good to me," Kaoru said to her friend as she smiled. "Your brother said he worries a lot about you, please text him more often," Chiyo slyly said, an expectant look on her face.

Kaoru couldn't stop her physical reaction as she sputtered out a loud response, "YOU'RE TALKING TO MY BROTHER!"

Mouth wide open in shock, Kaoru couldn't be bothered to be embarrassed by all of the stares she had garnered through her outburst.

The Baseball Team's Tutorजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें