Chapter 5

Prepping the room once again, Kaoru felt a little more at ease than the previous night. At least with a bunch of first years there shouldn't be any issues as she wasn't going to question them individually about struggle topics.

Instead she decided she would go broader and cover each topic. She had spoken with one of the first year teachers and got example homework questions to pass out.

Once everything was set up, Kaoru was nervously playing with some of the papers in front of her. It was so awkward to not know any of the first years.

She heard the doors open, bringing her attention to the hoard of first years that were invading the space. Her eyes were wide, 'tutoring isn't even mandatory!' she thought in surprise.

Once they were all sat and looking at her expectantly she swallowed her nerves. Squaring her shoulder, Kaoru smiled at the room as she greeted them, "Hi everyone, thank you for coming even though it isn't mandatory!"

'So bright!' thought all of the first years as they shielded their eyes. They had heard it was an upperclassman tutoring them, but they didn't expect a beautiful and shining senpai!

"My name is Bokuto Kaoru, I am a second year student and I played for the softball team during my first year here. Now, Coach Kataoka has asked me to tutor the baseball team with the exception of the third years," Kaoru continued.

Sawamura Eijun visibly tensed at her mention of softball, this was definitely the damsel in distress he had seen the night before!

Eijun opened his mouth to interrupt Kaoru, a question about why she gave up softball rising up his throat. Before he could ask though, Haruichi tugged on his sleeve roughly.

Looking at his pink haired friend, Eijun was reminded that Miyuki and Kuramochi had told him not to say anything. 'But I want to know! How does someone give up a sport they love so easily?' he thought.

Kaoru was feeling awkward at the amount of eye contact each boy was giving her, 'so intense,' she thought. Clearing her throat she continued, "so, if everyone could go around the room and introduce themselves, that would be appreciated!"

Introductions were nearing an end, there were about 15 first years in attendance, much more than she had expected. One very loud introduction stood out among the rest, "Sawamura Eijun! First year and soon to be Ace of the first string!" he screamed out.

Holding back a laugh, Kaoru was shocked at his loud mouth. 'This is definitely the kid that I saw last night, he must not have seen me crying because he seems like the type to tell everyone,' she thought.

"Alright! Thank you all for introducing yourselves, I am looking forward to working with you all," Kaoru said with a smile as she lightly bowed to the group.

Clapping her hands together, she grinned, "now, Kominato, can you help me hand out these packets?" she asked the shy pink haired boy.

Nodding, he tried to fight the blush on his cheeks at being called on by a beautiful senpai as he took half of the papers and began handing them out.

He noticed that there were handwritten notes and explanations on each piece of paper, 'that had to have taken hours,' he thought. His respect for his senpai grew as he sat back down and saw his own notes.

'They're so detailed,' the group of boys were taken aback. All of them decided to pay full attention to her once she began working through the subjects.

Unbeknownst to Kaoru, she had been dubbed Kaoru-Hime by the first years. Without so much as a spoken word, the group of students had agreed that they would follow and protect her as though she was their own sister.