S i x

"I fucking hate the world. There's nothing good here anymore. There was nothing good here to begin with. God, I wish i was fucking dead!"

With every word Danny slammed his fists into the rusted metal of the tracks.

"Fuck you. Fuck all of it. Fuck my life. Fuck it all."

He ignored the sting of his split knuckles, the ache of the bruised and broken skin. "Why am I even here! Someone kill me. I need to die. There's nothing to live for anymore." he pants, watching the process of his tainted blood corrupting the pure crystallized snow. With a heaving sigh, he pushes himself up into a sitting position. Staring at the bloody tracks, he waits.He doesn't really know what he's waiting for but he waits nonetheless.

Then she walks up.

"What the hell happened to your hands?"

"Was playing the drums on the metal," Danny said nonchalantly, a sardonic smile on his face. "Thought I could make a beat."

Lacey face had no sense of amusement. She grabbed Danny's hands and examined the cuts, before wrapping her scarf around his knuckles.

She shot him a concerned look before walking away.

Danny sighed, he didn't feel like being alone, but he didn't stop her. "Alone yet again. Even my Lacey, my little nothing left me with something."

Awhile later, he heard the crunching of snow from a distance.

Lacey was back.

She crouched down to Danny, peeling off the scarf and pouring some antiseptic on it. Without a word, she began cleaning his wounds.

He winced in pain as she worked but said nothing. Lacey looked up empathetically and picked out some gauze from her bag. She carefully wrapped it around Danny's hands, making sure that every cut, scrap, and bruise was covered.

After she was done she sat down next to Danny. Never uttering a word.

Danny appreciated the silence.

And her presence.

{Please Vote and Comment}