S e v e n

Danny didn't want to come to the railroad tracks today. Not after what Lacey saw yesterday. He was too ashamed. But those tracks were his favorite place. He hoped Lacey wasn't coming today.

He sauntered to the railroad tracks to be greeted by Lacey. He looks down to his hands covered in dirty gauze.

He walked towards the railroad tracks then stopped.

"Hey. How are you feeling?" Lacey questioned.

Danny didn't reply. Instead he kept picking at his gauze.

She saw a side of him he didn't want anybody to see yet she acts so normal about it. Why is that? She saw him practically killing myself and she's kept quiet.

"You haven't changed the gauze yet Danny? Jeez, it'll get infected if you leave it on like that."

She pulls put a new gauze from her bag and walks over the Danny.
Carefully she unwraps the old gauze and puts some ointment on the cuts. She then wraps the gauze around his hands.

"Why you doing this?" Danny asked.

"Because you are in pain and I want to help you."

"But you don't even know what pain I'm in."

"It's doesn't matter. Pain is temporary. Time is inventible. All the words you are wasting on me could be put to use into solving your problems. Yet, you still decide to talk to me. Pain is something only time can heal and since time is forever, pain won't last forever."

Lacey was done wrapping the new gauze on Danny hands. Danny looked at Lacey shocked again.

Damn, This girl is something.