Chapter 4

"Hello, Starbucks!!" I yelled into the microphone, gaining the attention of everyone present.

"So get this..." I started before hanging the electric guitar. "My friend Kim just when through a nasty heart break and now she's depressed. But she shouldn't be because the fool doesn't deserve her, which is clear to see considering the number of times he's cheated on her. Which is why y'all are gonna help me sing this song to help her get over that douche." I said, making the crowd cheer.

By this time, I had already grabbed the attention of the paparazzi as I saw white flashes on my face, meaning Billie could sneak out without being noticed.

I strummed the guitar, getting my key before singing the song. I may be introverted and shy but never on stage.

At first I was afraid.
I was petrified
Thinking that I would never live without you by my side.

I heard the cheers of the audience as they all joined in singing. Soon, I winked to Aron giving him the signal to get on the drums as he joined in singing.

Go on now go
Back out the door!...

I sang, signalling Billie Eilish to leave. I didn't ignore the fact that her blue orbs were fixated on me since we left her table.

She must have been eager to see the distraction we had. After all, what I wrote on the note was;

Leave during the distraction.

She soon got up, blending with the now dancing crowd as she snuck out through the back. The paparazzi didn't notice her as they were too busy filming the people dancing to "I will survive" by Demi Lovato.

Soon, Kim got on stage as she sang the chorus, belting her heart out as she danced with the crowd.

At the end of our performance, the cafe erupted as the locals cheered for us while we got down from the stage. It was amazing.

"That was awesome!!" Kim squealed as she hugged Aron and I.

"Yeah. I felt pumped." Aron said as he dabbed beads of sweat from his forehead.

"Yeah. And we helped Billie escape without being noticed." I smiled.

"Hey" Another voice said, making us turn to stare at two ladies.

"Hi beautiful." Aron said, putting on what Kim calls his poopoo face. Though I think it's supposed to be a flirt face.

"You guys were awesome. I just wanted to know the name of your band so I know who to tag in this video." One of them said while the other kept smirking at me.

"Band...?" Kim said. "We're not in a band."

"Really?" She said. "Well you should be. That was a sick show." She smiled before leaving.

"That was a weird interaction." I said.

"Yeah..." Aron said, licking his lips as he stared at the girls walking to their table, earning a smack in the head.

"Idiot." Kim muttered.

"What?" He shrugged.

"You should get yourself checked for STDs." I say, watching his eyes widen. "Just saying." I shrugged.

The rest of the day went well as we departed from the cafe to our hostel. Kim left to the girl's side, leaving Aron and I alone in our room.

"So which country are you from?" He asked.

"Nigeria." I shrugged, doubting that he knew where I was talking about.

"Isn't that like the... giant of Africa. Cause it has like a billion languages?"

"That's the one." I chuckled.

"So what are you doing out here? Far from home?" He asked, making me look down.

"I needed to be independent. Make my own decisions...I guess. Be my own man." I shrugged, not dwelling on the topic.

"And your big decision was to travel far from home? Stupid." He laughed.

I sighed before turning on my bed, bringing an end to the issue. I can't explain something to someone that doesn't want to understand.

But maybe he's right. Maybe this was a stupid decision.

I closed my eyes, letting sleep engulfed as I exhaled deeply.