(3)

Part two of his plan was much more complex. It relied more on Sal's mind. Whenever Sal was without his mask, Travis would be extra sweet to the other. Whether it was hugs, kisses or simple loving looks. Travis was going to try and teach Sal that he loved it when his prosthetic was off.

It was a bit complicated and took longer than he'd hoped. One of Sal's favorite things is kissing, Travis knew that. Sal liked being kissed, kissing Travis or Gizmo, everywhere and anywhere. Sal had been Travis's first and only kiss. Travis particularly liked kissing Sal's face, not just his lips but his deformed jaw, his scarred cheek, his missing nose, he has kissed every scar on Sal's face. After his injury a bunch of Sal's nerve endings got fucked. Some parts of his face were overly sensitive, some were painful to the touch, in some places he couldn't feel anything at all. But no matter if he could feel it at all or too much, Sal did enjoy the kisses.

Having Travis love something that he's always found so gross and bad, makes Sal's chest hurt. He feels so unbelievably happy, but also weird and gross. He feels the need to cover his face or put his prosthetic on. His gruesome face undeserving of such affection. 

But, despite the utter embarrassment that would come with this step, it would be worth it. For Sal to be happy, feel happy, feel comfortable and safe in his skin, safe with Travis.

Travis continued with his constant kissing but also took the time to just stare at Sal a little bit. Look into his beautiful eyes, observe his pale, pink lips. Just look at him. This of course confused Sal, when their kissing would be interrupted by Travis looking at him with a pink face.

The first time, Sal thought he had food on his face and proceeded to rub around and ask. Travis simply said no before he looked back a the Tv show they had been watching. But the more he did it, the more concerned Sal got.

"Traaaavis..." Sal rested his elbows on the counter, bending over to watch as Travis made dinner. Travis peered down at Sal, sensing the seemingly important conversation on the brink, turned down the heat for the sauce he was stirring. Travis always tried his best to be good at boyfriending. When something serious happened or when Sal needed to talk, he put everything down and paid full attention to the other. "Did i do something...wrong" Sal's voice was quiet, afraid of the others answer. Whereas Travis was just confused.

"What? No! What do you mean?" Travis's eyebrows scrunched together as he stared at the other with wide eyes. "Why do you think you did something wrong?" 

"Youve been acting weird and I-just got in my head bout it. I thought you were...I don't know thinking about things..." Sal refused to look at the other, staring down at his fingers as he fiddled. Travis took a step forwards and rested his hand on Sallys back.

"What kinda things..." Travis's face now looked completely concerned. Sal reluctantly looked at Travis when he carefully spoke, formulating his words before doing so.

"About us, bout me... about...maybe...leaving..." the words registered immediately, utter surprise filled Travis's face. Leaving, Travis leaving Sal, breaking up, that's what Sal thinks he's doing. Travis knew Sal would be concerned about what he was doing, he already was before during the first step. But this was so out of bounds from how he'd though Sal would react. Sal was looking back down now, kicking his foot against the floor.

"I...no Sal. I'm not-I've never-I..." Travis stuttered. This entire conversation amazed him, to think Sal would ever think this shit about them. He was exasperated and flustered, he sighed and moved next to Sal mirroring his position he grabbed Sal's hand. "I've never thought anything like that. kay" Sal stared at Travis, the holes of his prosthetic framing his eyes. Travis carefully brought his hands up to the back of Sal's head to unclip said prosthetic. Sal let him, he always let Travis touch his prosthetic. Travis was unbelievably gentle with the prosthetic, more gentle than Sally himself was.